X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedicated IP's

Hi Folks,
    I have a few questions:
    1. Where is the physical location of the servers?
    2. Do you have dedicated IP addresses for each domain?
    3. Are all of the servers shared?
    Thank You,
    Mr. Average

1) Texas - U.S.A.
    2) I do not understand the question
    2) Yes.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Again,
      Let me give you an example for question 2.
      Let's say I have 2 domains names. You say I can have unlimited domain names.
      I want each domain to have a dedicated ip address.
      onedomain.com address is 28.69.267.23
      twodomain.com address is 28.69.267.24
      Is this possible?

Thanks,
      Mr. Average

Comment

Yes, this is possible. But....
        IP's around the world are limited and in short supply.
        You need a reason to have a dedicated one. Such
        as you need to run a secure shopping cart or a
        transaction form. Secondly dedicated IP's cost an
        extra $3 per month each.

98% of our customers get by fine on a shared IP.
        But if you need one we can provide it for you.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Dear Admin,
          Although your hosting plan is a very cheap one (sorry for using the term cheap i should have used less priced but ppl think cheap = less price) you selling the dedicated ip for 3USD is pretty too much coz there lots of providers giving dedicated ip for as little as 1.5 USD.
          This is not my request but an information for you so that you can reconsider your offer of dedicated ip
          Regards
          Prabhu Raj

Comment

The offer of $1.5 dollars that lots of other companies offer come with tons of little hidden extras...Beware of Switch" Tactics.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I'm hoping you can give me a little more clairification about this shared IP address concept. I currently have two domains\websites. When I ping them, they come back with separated IP addresses. If I move them over here and have the shared IP address thing, will they still respond with different IP addresses? If not, how will they know they are different sites?

I also am looking to set up a shopping cart for E-Commerce. Can you explain to me more about this "secure cart"? I'd like to not have to pay the additional $3 if I don't have to.

Thank you,
              Cliff

Comment

Don't worry about IP's we will take care of them. You only need a dedicated IP if
                you have a SSL.

A secure cart is a shopping cart with a SSL.

What is SSL?

The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol has become the universal standard on the Web for authenticating sites and for encrypting communications between users and Web servers. Because SSL is built into all major browsers and Web servers, simply installing a digital certificate or Server ID enables SSL capabilities.

SSL server authentication allows users to confirm a Web server's identity. SSL-enabled client software, such as a Web browser, can automatically check that a server's certificate and public ID are valid and have been issued by a certificate authority (CA) — such as VeriSign — listed in the client software's list of trusted CAs. SSL server authentication is vital for secure e-commerce transactions.

An encrypted SSL connection requires all information sent between a client and a server to be encrypted by the sending software and decrypted by the receiving software, protecting private information from interception over the Internet. In addition, all data sent over an encrypted SSL connection is protected with a mechanism for detecting tampering — that is, for automatically determining whether the data has been altered in transit. This means that users can confidently send private data, such as credit card numbers, to a website, trusting that SSL keeps it private and confidential.

How Server IDs Work:

A customer contacts your site and accesses a secured URL: a page secured by a Server ID (indicated by a URL that begins with https: instead of just http: or by a message from the browser).

Your server responds, automatically sending the customer your site's digital certificate, which authenticates your site.

Your customer's Web browser generates a unique session key (like a code) to encrypt all communications with the site.

The user's browser encrypts the session key with your site's public key so only your site can read the session key. Depending on the browser, the user may see a key icon becoming whole or a padlock closing, indicating that the session is secure.

A secure session is now established--all communications will be encrypted and can only be decrypted by the two parties in the session. It all takes only seconds and requires no action by the user.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

How do I know if I need to run a secure cart or not??? I read that to purchase a SSL it's almost $150 a year. This would be an important piece of information to know before I get started.

What are my options for having secure transactions within the e-commerce products?

Comment

Its up to you if you run a secure cart or not. We are not here to give you e-commerce lessons. Either you have a ssl or you don't (those are your options). It has nothing to do with us, we simply provide you the server space.
                    Last edited by VodaHost; 10-12-2005, 12:35 PM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I did not mean for the above answer to have a harsh tone, it just came out that way..sorry.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

That's fine. Is there a resource here within Blue Voda\Vodahost that might be able to answer this question? What do other customers do that are running an e-commerce setup? The reason I ask is that I'm currently on Yahoo and they seem to handle all of this. I'm very new to this whole process and just trying to learn and understand. You have to know that if my main objective is to run an e-commerce store, and I invest $100 for a whole year, then come to find out it's not what I'm looking for, then I've spent time that I could have saved, had I known this answer ahead of time. Thank you for your time

Cliff

Comment

Working...
                        X