Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to actuate a visitor's email server to contact me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to actuate a visitor's email server to contact me?

Hi... How do I place my "Blue" email address on contact page... When a visitor wishes to conatct me they just click on my address and "wah la" .. their email server kicks in so they can send me a message... Is this possible..? I've done it when visiting other websites... Thanks... Dug

Re: How to actuate a visitor's email server to contact me?

Place some text like "Contact me" or a "Mail me " image in your page, and link it: Link type must be mailto, and in the URL field, type in (after the mailto:) your email address.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi.. thanks... You've helped me on many issues here at BV so Thanks... BUT... I have "Contact Us" brought up in a text box ... How to link it??? Just can't figure it??? Thanks again... slow today that's me... Doug

Comment

Hey Naval.... That worked out just great... In fact I linked the mailto address in the "Contact Us" button... and sure as sunshine.. click that button and up comes the email write form... Thanks... You're the Best

Comment

Just wanted to say THANK YOU! I am having an issue with e-mail "contact us" also... and am going to try this. :)

Does this encrypt your e-mail address as well?

Skye Lin
          www.skyelinarts.com
          skye lin ARTS

Comment

No, it does not. To encrypt your email address : http://www.dynamicdrive.com/emailriddler/index.htm

Please note that email encryption only works for bots, not for humans. A bot will not be able to see your email address from the page code. Byt, as soon as a human clicks on the link, Outlook Express will open and the email address will be visible.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hey Naval... So I'm just previewing "offline" and the contact us button works great... so you're saying that out in the real world.. when loaded on the server I need to add this encryption text... Ok so ... where does it go??? How to do?... Tell me and I'll see if I can figure it all out... Thanks doug

Comment

No, it is not really necessary to encrypt your email address. However, encrypting it might save you from spammers. Spam spiders crawl thousands of websites, looking for email addresses to build spam mailing lists. Encryptin, will save you some (if not all). Follow the above link to find a nice tool that allows email encryption.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                X