Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create addon domain subfile and upload to it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create addon domain subfile and upload to it?

Hi.. How do I go about creating a subfile for an "addon" domain and then upload BV webBuilder pages to it??? Also do I need to create files named,, like index/addondomain.. and so forth..or what?? Humm??? Thanks Doug

Re: How to create addon domain subfile and upload to it?

Originally posted by dougnez
    Hi.. How do I go about creating a subfile for an "addon" domain and then upload BV webBuilder pages to it??? Also do I need to create files named,, like index/addondomain.. and so forth..or what?? Humm??? Thanks Doug

For your add on domain, you need to create its own index page .... I am assuming you have created your add on domain via your control panel (under the icon add on domain) and if you have done this successfully blue voda adds the folder for you in your public_html directory.
    There you should see a folder with your add on domain in it.

To publish to this folder, you would type your add on domain after public_html you would do that like this public_html/addondomainname ... you would do this when you go to publish a page to this add on domain ...

You need to type that for your add on and then if you go to publish again to your main domain, you need to ensure you have removed that from the pop up box you see when you go to publish ... sometimes I forget, and then I have overwritten a page in space, but no problem, just open that page that you have overwritten and republish to the correct directory again ...

Now you want to have a subfolder or sub-domain ... you create a subdomain ... and the publish to public_html/addondomain/subdomain

Your subdomain will not have an index page ....

Hope this helps ...

Important to keep things organized

Have on your own computer, a file within your blue voda files, a file for your add on domain and another folder for your addondomain/subdomain

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi LadyEye... yes .. that uploading i.e. publishing...was easy... and all looks very well.. So Thanks for your help.... but.. I am really having a problem coming up with some html to play/stop the music I wish to show case... Would you help me with this??? Hummm?? .. or suggest a way to get this music player done??? Getting pretty frustrated with that player... thought it would be so easy.. Thanks... Doug

Comment

what are you wanting from the player as they are normally very good and great for just playing tracks with stop / play controls etc
        The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
        Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Thanks AllStar.... THANKS to you and everyone here at the BV forum..... I finally got the player (with buttons) to work.. So "Wah La"... I'm very pleased with my first test run (publish)... soon I'll be posting these sites of mine up for all of you here at BV to view.... so ... Thankful I am.. Doug

Comment

Working...
          X