Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do I write in the properties box for a image link?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I write in the properties box for a image link?

Hello everyone, This is the user: "daleside" here, can anyone tell me when I bring up the properties box for a image I have put on my web page what I should link it back to?

What I have been doing is writing in the URL address of the page it is sitting on and I wonder if I should not be linking back to another page within my own website, like a main page etc.

I have been having trouble with rankings, so I wondered if this is what I am doing wrong? I also have a header (image) on each page that I have done the same with on each individual page, ie: linked it to the page it is sat on , not back to the index, is this wrong or am I okay?

I would appreciate any help on this as I can't seem to find a suitable thread on it etc.

Re: What do I write in the properties box for a image link?

I'd be happy to look at your website, if you have your url - and make suggestions about the SEO -

For this question - the images don't have to be links - but any time you can make the image a link to another page within your website that it is talking about - represents, etc - then you should. What is important is that the image have the alt attribute used.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hello Bethers,

Merry Christmas to you!

My website is www.kiwi-pride-labradoodles.com I am having trouble with rankings, I have a links page to everyone important and pay for the once a month re-submission that vodahost offer. I also have a sub-domain name for here in New Zealand so my families here can do a NZ search, and it still doesn't make the first page, that is www.labradoodles.co.nz , I would love any help you can offer, I think I have done the meta tags okay?

Comment

Sorry Bethers it might seem like I have changed my question but it relates to naming of the images as I wondered because I have like a header template that I have made up and then pasted it onto the top of each page, I thought I would have to name and link them all some how, as my ranking when I recently changed my design took a dive etc... Thanks

Comment

There are several reasons why you aren't doing well in the se's - mainly because your website isn't optimized for your customers or se's.

First - you need to go through all your pages and get spelling and grammar correct - first thing on the .nz page:

Were your dreams of adopting a lovable and loyal labradoodle with alergy friendly attributes and a service dog nature can come true....
          That should read:
          Where your dreams of adopting a lovable and loyal labradoodle with allergy friendly attributes and a service dog nature can come true ...
          Now, you probably would be better off restructuring that also - but that, at least, gets the spelling correct.

Then you HAVE to get page titles with your top keyword phrases. Right now - both those pages just show index as the title. Yes, you needed to name them index but that's the only place you need to use that.

Also - when you do your link from your .nz site to the .com - you added more than is necessary - you have: http://www.kiwi-pride-labradoodles.com/index.html when what you should have is:
          http://www.kiwi-pride-labradoodles.com/
          No need for the rest on the home page. Yes, you need the extensions on all other pages.

You've got a good design with lots of good information - but a lot of tweaking of spelling is really necessary. The se's do see those mistakes - and so do people.

As to rank - Google doesn't change rank daily - in fact, I was just reading a Google blog yesterday that says they will not increase the times they change ranking - because it gets people all crazy lol. Actually - just keep doing what's necessary - and you'll be found - but you need to make the sites be as user friendly and correct as possible - with all the t's crossed and i's dotted.
          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks so much for that.

Spelling was not one of my top subjects at school but I can tell a good story. So how can I correct everything? Blue Voda does not have a spell check. However I have tried to type in my Word programme and I can't seem to copy and paste or get it transfered. I would be more than happy to do that if you can tell me how etc??

Second "page titles" how do I ammend this? I mean I thought I have been doing this on the page property menu, is there something I am missing?

Thanks very much for taking the time to help, it is much appreciated.

Comment

Also Bethers when I am linking my images I have been writing in the URL of the page it is sat on, should that be left blank instead or linked to a main page? thanks

Comment

For spell checking - I suggest you have a friend or two go over everything for you - AND copy and paste your text into an editor that has spell check, too.

As to pictures - whenever it makes sense to - the picture can be a link to another page that it represents. However, if it is not representing another page, it shouldn't have a link at all.
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thats fine,

I just wondered if all images on a page should be linked to the page it is sat on, so you have answered that one for me. I have gone and corrected the website text error's and all else you mentioned.

Thanks for your comments Bethers, have a fantastic Christmas. Daleside.

Comment

If you need to do a spelling check & you can't copy & paste directly from a Word document. After you type in Word & do the spelling check copy & paste to a Notepad document. You can always copy & paste from that. I have copied directly from a Word document into a BV page even though BV say you can't do it. Ebay is the same; you can always copy from Notepad but not Word........on some of the guides the spelling is attrocious because ones can't copy directly from Word.
                    www.dinkdy.info
                    www.aboriginalarttreasures.com
                    www.thegemlovers.com
                    www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

Originally posted by pioneerVicki View Post
                      If you need to do a spelling check & you can't copy & paste directly from a Word document. After you type in Word & do the spelling check copy & paste to a Notepad document. You can always copy & paste from that. I have copied directly from a Word document into a BV page even though BV say you can't do it. Ebay is the same; you can always copy from Notepad but not Word........on some of the guides the spelling is attrocious because ones can't copy directly from Word.
                      Not sure where it says you cannot copy from a word document into a blue voda page. I think most steps people forget when doing so is to actually insert a text box on the blue voda page before copying your text from word into it ...

You can copy from word into blue voda and make your adjustments on your page.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                      X