PDA

View Full Version : How do you surround text and images?

LifeVision Coach
12-20-2006, 09:47 AM
Another forum user had my same question and "navaldesign" answered. Here it is:

While designing my website I encountered something annoying. If I wish to insert text or a picture and have to create space I have to move each individual picture, text etc to create this space. Is it possible to group pictures and text so I can move it as a whole?

You can multiple select by holding down the Shift button, or you can "surround" the objects to make a multiple selection and move them all together. You can't group them.

I understand using "shift", but how do you "surround"? I'm using BV and am new. Can navaldesign or anyone else please help me?

navaldesign
12-20-2006, 09:53 AM
Suppose these items are contained in an hypothetic rectangle. Click with the mouse on one corner of the rectangle, and, holding it pressed, drag to the opposite corner- this way all the items inside this are are selected.

LifeVision Coach
12-20-2006, 10:01 AM
I'm sorry, I don't quite understand. I tried doing this with the "adding a shape" command. You must mean something different. What command do I select to do what you have said?

Thank you for the help. I sure appreciate it.

navaldesign
12-20-2006, 10:06 AM
Just your mouse click, no command at all

LifeVision Coach
12-20-2006, 10:28 AM
OK, got it. I have a huge secondary background of a different color behind my text and pics. I created it with a rec shape. When I tried to surround my pics and txt, it was trying to select my locked background shape. I moved my background way off to the side and it worked. Thank you for you help. I appreciate it very much.