seem to have published wrong page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seem to have published wrong page

Hello & happy holidays to all. My name is blue annd I've been working with bluevoda for two WHOLE days now. My intention was to as quickly as possible to set up a one page under construction (if you will) site. We have a hair salon in New York and through bluevoda & Soholaunch I want to put together an awesome website for our customers. The domain name is www.salondecaro.com. so I thought I would throw together a quick welcome page so something would be there while I design the big one. Yes I do not know what I am doing . My problem is I put a templet up w/ a picture of the salon and a welcome,under construction,address phone #, please come back message. easy! click publish! wrong. I got an index page in which to navagate to the page I threw together. I can not figure out how to switch these pages or hide the index so when you go to the site the one pager is all you see. also(of course) there are a few things I didn't expect to stay on the page that I would like to edit. Am I digging myself a hole or is there a way to rectify my impatience??? thanx in advance on any assistance

Re: seem to have published wrong page

well here I am replying to my own thread. Went back & saved my revised page as index & it seemed to work. Any insight as to what i've done would be thankful.

Comment

You figured it out - you had to name the page correctly - make sure you watch the tutorials - and the ones that say Must Watch - watch those 2 or 3 times :)

As to the page - a couple things - get rid of using all caps - that's considered shouting - use them sparingly (like bold) for emphasis.

Also, I would consider changing what you're saying to something much more enticing/interesting - possibly:

Salon de Caro is coming to the web! Long overdue, we are finally going to have the web presence our customers have been asking for. Please give us a little time, and keep checking back - as we want our website to be as professional as the salon you visit.

Something along those lines - which lets them know you're building it - but makes it more friendly. And no one likes to see the words "under construction"
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

excellent!!! and I thank you very much. am hoping this way of thinking will sink in eventually

Comment

Working...
        X