Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Advanced BV Form P.php & email encryption?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Advanced BV Form P.php & email encryption?

Hi... After thinking about "Contact Us" for return email and spammers (which is a hassle). When utilizing the Advanced BV email form is it necessary to interject the "emailriddler" java script into the form field??? Hummm?? Thanks Doug

Re: Question about Advanced BV Form P.php & email encryption?

emailriddler allows you to encrypt your email address from bots. What you have placed in your page, is not a script, it is just your encrypted email address. I don't understand what you mean by " is it necessary to interject the "emailriddler" java script into the form field " ? You do NOT use your email address in any of your form fields, you should use your email address in the ABVFP Administration page to setup your form. There, you must place it in it's real form, not the encrypted one. However, it is hidden from bots, it is only used by ABVFP itself to send you the mail.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval...Ok I will do as you suggest..As I build the form and insert the appropriate entries I feel confident that I will gain a better understanding of how the encryption works.. But rather than all that...Will the email form (without encryption) help to deter spammers???? Act as a buffer to their activities??? This is all new to me so I appreciate your your help and patience. Thanks..Doug

Comment

Maybe i have not been very clear.

1. The form processing script needs your email address simply because it has to know where to send the mail (to you). The script itself has some nice antispam measures to prevent your script bein used by a spammer to send spam to third parties. It can cannot protect you from spam sent to you. Simply because ANYONE can ffil in your form and submit. However, your email address is invisible to anyone, unless you choose to have an autoresponder, because in that case your email address will be visible in the autoresponder mail.

2. If you choose to create a form so that your visitors can mail you through this, and you DON'T opt for the autoresponder, then yes, the form will deter spammers. They will not send any spam to you. That's because NO PRO SPAMMER looses time to manually send spam. They collect email addresses and then they send spam mails by entering your email address in automated mailing lists.

3. Email encryption is only usefull for mail (not form) links: if you have a "Mail me" link on your site, in that page code your email address is visible. Spammers have specially made crawlers that crawl thousands of sites to collect these email addresses directly from the various sites. By encrypting your email address, this email address becomes hard to be detected by these crawlers. However, a spammer that visits your site, can still manually detect this email address by simply clicking on the "Mail me" link. But this is (usually) not the way spammers work, they work with automated procedures.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X