Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make site look same/uniform on the viewer's many different screens??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make site look same/uniform on the viewer's many different screens??

Hi...My test site "looks" OK on my 17" PC screen... but different on a laptop screen. What's with that??? What are the guidelines in design to achieve uniformity (or near that) for the many different screens it will be viewed upon?? Thanks... Doug

Re: How to make site look same/uniform on the viewer's many different screens??

Doug, the size of the screen doesn't effect how it looks - but the resolution the screen is set at does. You only have control of the resolution of your own screen. So, if you want the site to look as close as possible to the same on all screens - design it at a width of 800 -

You still have no control over people electing to view the screen with larger type - or smaller type. You can't control what resolution they view it at - but you are, by doing that, making it accessible to all without right to left scrolling.

(It will also look a tad different depending on what browswer they use.)
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks .. Major... I utilize 1024X768 sizing... But how 'bout this... I overlay colored text with the same text in black to achieve neato shadow like and graphic effects...Then... why does the underlay (or overlay) wander when veiwed upon a different (i.e. laptop) computer... Hummm??? Got me scratchen' my head... Doug

Comment

Well, when you're ready to let us see it - we might be able to figure that out for ya.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks... With the Happy Holidays and children in from college!!!.. My website will be ....For All To See Soon... Best Wishes to You ...Doug

Comment

Working...
          X