Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internet exception 12163

trying to publish my index page,but ran into a couple of problems;

I was assigned the IP address of 75.125.10.7 but it is not listed on the server ip list , ( I am currently using Bluevoda ver 8.0.1) do I need a newer version
    of the BlueVoda download ? If so, will it change my present files,work, for my website?

Also do i load my index file to Public_html folder or do I create create a index_html folder?

If I try to use the listed IP server numbers,I receive a error code
    " Publish failed - internet exception 12163"

Would really appreciate any help on this. thank you
    Best Health Store

Re: internet exception 12163

Originally posted by bob60
    trying to publish my index page,but ran into a couple of problems;

I was assigned the IP address of 75.125.10.7 but it is not listed on the server ip list , ( I am currently using Bluevoda ver 8.0.1) do I need a newer version
    of the BlueVoda download ?

The latest version of blue voda can be found in my signature below. YOu may have had a server change, and you will find your new server numbers in the new download.

If so, will it change my present files,work, for my website?

It will not change your present files, or work for your website ....

Also do i load my index file to Public_html folder or do I create create a index_html folder?

You publish your pages to public_html

your first page of your website, must be named index, saved as index and published as index, you do not create the folder

If I try to use the listed IP server numbers,I receive a error code
    " Publish failed - internet exception 12163"

This is common, just keep trying, it works itself out ... if you find you continue to time out, inside of your blue voda web builder, go to tools, along the top, options, and publish, adjust the time in there ...

Would really appreciate any help on this. thank you

Hope this helps.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you once again LadyEye for your fast reply and friendly advice.
      Did as you recommeded and downloaded the latest verison of BlueVoda
      ( and re-booted) but the codes were the same as before,no change ( mine is 75.126.10.7)
      but tried using the one supplied ( 75.126.10.6 ) but now receive the following error code;

"error 12014 - the request to connect and log on to the ftp server could not be complted because the supplied password is incorrect "

I have tripled checked my supplied password and even tried copy/paste but still recieve the above message.... any idea's ?
      Best Health Store

Comment

I suggest you put in a support ticket -
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Apparently my download of the latest version did noy work at first, despite re-botting,etc. But the 3rd time was a charm. Once again Lady eye ,really apperciate all your help.thank you
          Best Health Store

Comment

Originally posted by bob60
            Apparently my download of the latest version did noy work at first, despite re-botting,etc. But the 3rd time was a charm. Once again Lady eye ,really apperciate all your help.thank you
            Bob you're welcome, and so glad to hear you are up and running ... makes for a better evening eh!! Good Job!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Guys... I also am... now having the Internet Exception Error 12163.. so I'm unable to uplaod to my server... I submitted a ticket "Hank" was great. He gave me the CCleaner which I installed and used... No go.. following Hank's advise.. contacted Verizon broadband..all Ok there.. checked Google.. and found this BV posting... So.. ???.. Should I follow Lady Eye's advise as suggested to Corporal Bob???" Thanks Doug

Comment

Hi... I followed the advise given here ... And everything is working as it should... No more error Code Numbers... Thanks Doug

Comment

Working...
                X