survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• survey

I don't know if I should be here or in scripts. My question is..I have a 3 question survey on my site and I want to make the button not allow the customer to go further until they answer the questions. Is there a small script/form that I could use for this purpose? Maybe put the survey in a form format? I would appreicate any help possible.
    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Re: survey

My question to you- is this survey necessary for sales? Because there are people who will not want to do it - even only 3 questions - and to force it - could lose you those people without them continuing on.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

This short survey is for marketing/statisical purposes. It will help me target my audience. I think it is important enougn, and not intrusive, to use it.
      www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Scuba, the ABVFP installed on your site, can process this survey form as any other. Just make the three fields required, and ABVFP will return an error message if one of the three fields is not filled in.

And, i don't understand, why in your contact form, you have placed a message "PleaseUse the word "at" instead of @ in your email address" . Why is that ?
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Navel, You set up the form so that it will not accept the @ sign. I, too, would like it to use the @ sign. Also, for some reason, the buy form is not tabbing down in order anymore. I don't know why.

Thanks for the info on the form.
          www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

I put the survey in the form format and you can click on the image button and go foward without filling out the survey. I want something that will make the the people fill out the survey. Any suggestions?
            www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Originally posted by scubadiver
              Navel, You set up the form so that it will not accept the @ sign. I, too, would like it to use the @ sign. Also, for some reason, the buy form is not tabbing down in order anymore. I don't know why.
              Thanks for the info on the form.
              I did not setup the form, i setup the ABVFP script. ABVFP allows you to set the form as you like it. When you changed the form you have NOT followed the instructions in the tutorial. The email field had to be "Email-Re" you have named it "Email-RE" and it will not accept the @
              symbol as a protection against spammers. Please take some time to read the ABVFP tutorial, it is all explained there. Some more mistakes are also present in your field naming.

As for the Tab order, it also has changed because you have changed the form. To correct this problem, select the field that you want to be first in the Tab order, and while it is selected, press the "Bring in Front" icon. Do the same with all the other fields, in the order you want them. Save your form page and republish. Don't forget to change the field names as said above.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by scubadiver
                I put the survey in the form format and you can click on the image button and go foward without filling out the survey. I want something that will make the the people fill out the survey. Any suggestions?
                You cannot have two forms activated with one submit button. You see, the "Buy now"" button, is in fact, a form submit button( The PayPal code is a form including hidden fields that transfer to PayPal the info about the product, you etc) . The survey form is an independent form, and it CANNOT ve proccessed by the PayPal submit button.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you so much for your help. I will take your advice and make the changes.
                  www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

I want the survey results to go somewhere that I can retrieve the results. I thought about a cgi bin but I don't have any installed in my cpanel. Is there a way of getting one installed, or is there another place I can store these surveys? They work well with the form.
                    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Your survey/form could always be sent to a database at the same time that its emailed to you...........just a thought.
                      Have fun
                      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                      Newbies / Beginners Forum
                      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I took your suggestion and copied the php code and entered it in a html box on the survey page. It didn't allow me off the page after filling it out. Would I need to copy the perl code also? Where would the database be located so that I could retrieve the info?
                        www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Working...
                        X