address box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• address box

Hello, I have been designing a site for some time, I would like to add an address box whereby my customers would input the first line of an address and the post code and the rest of the address would be filled in automatically, can any one help, I think this is my last step to actually posting to the web and starting my business.

thank you
    matty

Re: address box

Hi, the are three ways you can do this:

1. By using a database that will have all the postal codes and the relevant locations stored. Uppon selection of the postal code, the location would be retreived from the database and displayed on your page. You will need to fill in the database with all locations and postal codes.

2. By using a Javascript chained select script. However, in this case, all the locations and postal codes need to be hardcoded, manually.

3. By using BV's dropdown select boxes, in combination with i frames and php. Stll the dropdowns need to be manually populated before you go in service.

All three solutions exceed the average user level of knowledge. If you are interested, contact me as i do such things on a freelance basis.

However, i beleive that it would be more than acceptable for your clients to also fill in the location details. Even major companies, with more than one webmasters and designers at their service, don't go up to this level of automation. Unless your service requires such a feature.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

My service must have this facility, there must be an easier way, there are many sites with this facility on them. Is there a data base with this info, I can purhaps purchase?
      matty

Comment

what country are you in?
        The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
        Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Originally posted by matty
          My service must have this facility, there must be an easier way, there are many sites with this facility on them. Is there a data base with this info, I can purhaps purchase?
          matty
          Usually this is a paid for service, the data is retrieved from certain companie's databases and you pay a certain charge for the service. However, you are also going to need a script in your page, to retrieve the info from the database and display it on your page.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

brigadier
            I'm in England but will soon be moving to France, it's the british data base I need.
            navel design
            I have looked at the site suggested but don't understand a word of it!

Comment

Hi, this one http://www.allies-computing.co.uk/pcodewebsoap.html a friend uses but have no idea what its like.
              Any special reason for having to use this facility.
              Lots of people just use auto fill these days.
              Come to think of it, using this can be more accurate for labeling & that sort of thing.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you collectors-info,

this looks like exactly what I need, they are sending details of price later today, if it is reasonable and it works on my site i'll let you know.
                matty

Comment

Working...
                X