Header Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header Question

Ok let me see if I can word this so it make sense. Is there a way using Blue Voda to set up your page so that when you scroll down the page you can still see the header. I'm going to try and get some advertisers for my site and would like to display their information in the header. To get them the most exposure for their money I would like for visitors to be able to see their adds even when they are scrolling down the page not just at the top.
    ID: 11830
    www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Re: Header Question

Hi, you can get a script to roll an image, that will come down the screen as you scroll down. Personally they drive me mad!
    You could also put all your pages into an iframe so you have the top “lets say” 10% of the screen for ads & menu bar.
    If you did this, you would want to get a small banner script that rotates your ads at the top of the page.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

As Chris said - those drive me mad also -

And for IE purposes, I do not recommend you putting your page into an i-frame.

I think advertisers should be happy if you are considering putting them right at the top of the page where they will be seen immediately when anyone enters. You could also have secondary ads for less money that are "down the page".
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
        As Chris said - those drive me mad also -

And for IE purposes, I do not recommend you putting your page into an i-frame.

I think advertisers should be happy if you are considering putting them right at the top of the page where they will be seen immediately when anyone enters. You could also have secondary ads for less money that are "down the page".
        That is a good idea I may try that. I'm not sure if ya'll are thinking of the same thing I am because there is a website I got everyday and I hardly even notice the header not going away when I scroll down. Here is the website I speak of. www.dfwstangs.net
        ID: 11830
        www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

He has done that in a fashion that is not SE friendly - and do not go by the ranking on the home page! His header is not embedded on the page - and none of his internal pages are counting to se's as they can't see them. If you want to understand what I mean - here is the cached snapshot of the home page and this is what the cached text of the page looks like for ALL his pages.

This is something you don't want to emulate!!!!

What is doing him good - are all the links back to him - and the fact that he has a forum that's being used - and those links are giving him the se presence.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
          X