Here we go again.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go again.....

After a long time of not being operational, i've finally found the time to start to redesign my site and get it running again. There's no products yet and not all links may work but just wanted some feedback on the look and fell of it so far. You can find my site here. Thanks a lot guys and gals and happy christmas to you all!!
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Re: Here we go again.....

Looking good. Make sure to tell us how you like working in Cube Cart!
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
      Looking good. Make sure to tell us how you like working in Cube Cart!
      Thanks Bethers! Sorry totally forgot to tell everyone that....erm....I Like working in cubecart! lol

No really anyone who wants help with cubecart give me a shout and i'll see what i can do. I am limited on what i know as is all self taught so be gentle with me!!
      FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

It looks great, very well done!
        Sharon Chajin

Comment

Originally posted by SChajin
          It looks great, very well done!
          Thanks SChajin. I've still gotta make a few tweaks to overcome the browser issues but hopefully will have finished soon.

Comment

Hi, Looking a real fine job & really clean looking. How have you found working with cube cart? & is it quite flexible. IE:
            Are there lots of options on what happens when you click the buy button to return to where you want?
            I like the way the cart gives a running total on the main page. If I remember, it just keeps adding the order up without all that going to a basket all the time & having to return via a continue shopping button.

Cheers.
            PS. Did you make the templates yourself?
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
              Hi, Looking a real fine job & really clean looking. How have you found working with cube cart? & is it quite flexible. IE:
              Are there lots of options on what happens when you click the buy button to return to where you want?
              I like the way the cart gives a running total on the main page. If I remember, it just keeps adding the order up without all that going to a basket all the time & having to return via a continue shopping button.

Cheers.
              PS. Did you make the templates yourself?
              In the stock version of cubecart, you have to go through a registration process to complete purchase which does ask for quite a few details however you can easily add a mod which will make it ask for less details or remove the registration process alltogether which can be found on the cubecart forum. (link below). It takes a bit of getting used to but once you know what you are doing cubecard is really simple and versatile to use.

It takes a bit of getting used to the browser issues between firefox and IE as in it nearly always looks fine in IE but as soon as you look at it in Firefox, if you've done it wrong it can be all over the place. Only took me about a week to see where i was going wrong on this though so again not too difficult.

I knew nothing about cubecart about 6 months ago and self taught myself by looking at other cubecart sites, finding features i liked on them and then tried to do on my own site and if had any problems asked on the cubecart forum which has loads of free mods and lots of helpful people to talk you through any problems you may have.

The template on my new site was made by myself yes.

Comment

Looking Great! I love the green and blue colors together. Look forward to seeing the finished product!!
                Cindy Smentowski

Comment

thanks dream lady. All i gotta do now is find the time to add everything back on to it. How tedious it is when you have to add all the products in again after the backup failed. Grrrr!!! lol

Comment

I'm really glad to hear that you can get rid of the registration process - that actually has stopped me from buying on some sites and I don't want it mandatory for any of mine.

As I said before - you've done a great job - and I'm wiating to see it when finished.
                    Beth
                    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Mook25
                      In the stock version of cubecart, you have to go through a registration process to complete purchase which does ask for quite a few details however you can easily add a mod which will make it ask for less details or remove the registration process alltogether which can be found on the cubecart forum. (link below). It takes a bit of getting used to but once you know what you are doing cubecard is really simple and versatile to use.

It takes a bit of getting used to the browser issues between firefox and IE as in it nearly always looks fine in IE but as soon as you look at it in Firefox, if you've done it wrong it can be all over the place. Only took me about a week to see where i was going wrong on this though so again not too difficult.

I knew nothing about cubecart about 6 months ago and self taught myself by looking at other cubecart sites, finding features i liked on them and then tried to do on my own site and if had any problems asked on the cubecart forum which has loads of free mods and lots of helpful people to talk you through any problems you may have.

The template on my new site was made by myself yes.

Thanks! will have to have a look at this one.
                      Good luck with the site.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

looking better mook
                        "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

thanks for your comments everyone. Hope to start adding products soon. I've finally managed to get the SSL certificate to work correctly now which is a bonus!

Comment

Mook!

Looking great......you were the one to get me looking at Cube in the first place. I am pleased to see that it is working so well for you.
                            Hopefully, when things calm down a bit, I will have a moment to discuss an idea with you.

Have a great New Year.
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                              Mook!

Looking great......you were the one to get me looking at Cube in the first place. I am pleased to see that it is working so well for you.
                              Hopefully, when things calm down a bit, I will have a moment to discuss an idea with you.

Have a great New Year.
                              Thanks for the comment vasili. Nice to know i've inspired someone for a change. lol I've had to put it on back burner again for now as so busy over xmas but am determined to sort it out properly this time time.

Have a great new year too.

Comment

Working...
                              X