Website changes in 2007..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website changes in 2007..??

I'm new to this forum and this will be my first post. I still have to download and learn about Blue Voda software so I can sign up and get my website published. I was just in my other forum and read the following post, and was hoping someone could comment on it and how it will affect the Voda Host website software?

From a craft forum........
    Website Publishing Heads Up! Changes coming for everyone!
    The computer guru from school informed me that after the first of the year, you will have to publish websites in FTP instead of HTML.

So what that means, is that you won't be able to just hit publish, you'll have to choose FTP to publish. He's going to send me a free program that will assist in getting this done easier and I'll let you all know as soon as I get it.

You will want to contact your web provider to see how long they are going to let you publish in HTML. Some web providers are apparently trying to hang on to that option for as long as possible. At some future point after the first of the year, it will all be FTP.

Just a heads up and I'll let you know more as I find out more. And of course, if there's some guru that already knows all this, please pipe in and teach us semi-computer literate people a few things PLEASE! Chris

Thanks for any help with this issue.
    Vickie

Re: Website changes in 2007..??

Vickie,
    Whoever gave you that information really doesn't know what he is talking about. HTML is a language used - ftp is a program used to up things to servers, etc. They are two completely different things.

Right now you can use ftp with Blue Voda to add items to the website, but using ftp is not about publishing - it's about adding things to the site - it still then needs to be published.

I'm not getting technical here - just telling you that this person is very misinformed.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: Website changes in 2007..??

Vickie,

I think maybe he was speaking of a certain program changing their verbage on "publishing" your website using that builder/program. I think both dreamweaver and front page have a "publish" feature but they "use" "ftp" to accomplish it. So instead it will say just FTP.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X