Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to create another site

Hi

I have one successful site with bv and am going to venture in creating another one or two. I've searched the Forum but am unsure as to how start creating another site using bluevoda. Where do I start ie. do I need to download bv again etc... I don't know where to start... please help answering this simple question

Warmly

Rani Kahlon
    www.earnwhileulearn.org
    www.newtopbuys.com
    www.makemoneymap.com
    Rani Kahlon (ppannu) account ID 9058
    www.earnwhileulearn.org
    www.makemoneymap.com
    www.newtopbys.com

Re: Want to create another site

no go into your b.v folder and make new folder i.e newsite then open that folder and create pages there for neww site then the front page should be named index just like your fisrt site you did. they wont clash as long as you have the second index page in the new folder called newsite or the name of your new site
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

And, if you are going to use a new domain name - go into your cp and add the new domain name as an add-on domain - that will automatically create the new folder in the cp for this domain.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank You both for the excellent advise!
        Rani Kahlon (ppannu) account ID 9058
        www.earnwhileulearn.org
        www.makemoneymap.com
        www.newtopbys.com

Comment

OK ~ So how do I get the two things together. I have a folder started with my second domain. I went to the cp and set up a subdomain. How will I get that folder into the subdomain? And how can I get the new domain to have its own address? I will have to take this really slowly and step by step.

But you all were so great with my last issues I feel like maybe I can actually do this!

Thanks ~

Comment

The steps are the following:

1. If you want the new domain to have its own address, you need to purchase a new domain name. Go to www.vodahostdomains.con to do so.
            2. When you have purchased / registered this new domain, you need to point it to your VH account- You do it by going (in VH domains) to the newly purchased domain control panel, in the DNS (nameservers) section. Go there and change the nameservers to be the same of the main account, the one that you already have.
            3. No go in your VodaHost account Control panel, and click on "Addon Domains". Add the newly purchased domain name as addon, following the wizard. This procedure will automatically create a new folder IN YOUR SITE, named after your new domain name.
            4. Create your pages in BV. Make sure that you save these pages in the new domain folder, that you must manually create, inside your BV folder
            5. Publish the new pages in public_html/newdomainfoldername .

Make sure that the first page here is also called "index".
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

im confused. i want to start my site over and i rebuild my page but i can not seem to get the old site down! i need help.
              "Why try hard to fit in....When you were born to stand out!"
              www.pricelessbeauti.com

Comment

If you are trying to 'start over' you make a new homepage, and name it index, all lowercase, same as before, then publish it. It will publish over your old home page, and there you are! Have you done this?
                Liz
                www.sebastopolparty.com
                www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

I tried that but no progress. Is there a way to getting into my site and deleting the file for me. I just want my new page up. My page web address is www.pricelessbeauti.com Thanks!
                  "Why try hard to fit in....When you were born to stand out!"
                  www.pricelessbeauti.com

Comment

OK guys and gals, here is where I am at with this.1. I purchased the new domain name... BellaBanana.com2. I "think" I pointed it to my VH account by going in and looking at the current DNS servers and adding them to the BellaBanana domain.3. There is a BellaBanana folder in my cpanel in the public_html folder and I have created a BellaBanana folder on my computer in the BV folder. 4. When I published I entered public_html/BellaBananaThe site is not showing up when I look for it by typing http://www.BellaBanana.com Anyone have any ideas what I might have done wrong???

Comment

did you publish your homepage for your new site as indes, lowercase
                      Liz
                      www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Yes, I saved it and published it as "index"

Comment

hmmm.. how about this - did you make the b's in bellabanana lowercase when you published? for some reason this sometimes makes a difference. If not, try that, if so, maybe there was an error in pointing the new domain//? just guessing here..
                          Liz
                          www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

I just tried to change it to lowercase when publishing but it won't let me. It is capitalized in the public_html folder.

Comment

that is too wierd. I was just checking how it is when I publish to my
                              second domain, and I do it just as you said you did
                              public_html/raynordescendents (my second site name)
                              I did, however try it one time and fat fingered it to read hmlt - any chance you mispelled anything?
                              If not, I think I would just submit a help ticket and ask that they check you have pointed it correctly..
                              Liz
                              www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Working...
                              X