Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question on forms

Hi
    Am I right in saying you can create as many forms as you need in BV?

Do they all have to be in different folders?

Does that mean we will have multiple "action.php" pages?

If so, is that OK as long as they are in different folders?

Thanks in advance
    John

Re: A question on forms

Oh and another question ...

Can you make changes to forms and re-publish without affecting the operation?

Comment

Locad-

Forms require a script to process them. Preferably-a php script. It is dependent upon how this script is written - if the out come will be affected by a change and then publish to the form.

Yes- you can have as many forms as you please. Depending on your needs- many forms can be controlled/processed by one script or you can have an processing script for each form. It all depends on your needs and preference.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks Andy

I'm using the step by step formula shown in BV froms tutorial which works great!

I plan to have 4 or 5 different forms for different reasons and just wanted to make sure I don't mess up.

With these forms, I will need different "action" pages which will be either "thank you" or information.
        So do I have to make sure to use a different folder for each form to make sure the "action" page will work with each form?

When I submit the form I have already, the return page shows as /action.php which is what I expect.
        Am I right in saying that a different /action.php will return for each different form?

Thnaks again.
        John

Comment

If you associate each different form with a newly named action.php you can keep them all in the same folder:
          i.e.
          formname1 - action1.php
          formname2 - action2.php
          formname3 - action3.php
          etc
          and as andy has pointed out, you can reuse an action.php if required.
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks!!

Very helpful.
            John

Comment

You can use ABVFP. You only need this one script. Then you simply configurate separately each one of your forms, and you will be ok.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X