pop up generator for text links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pop up generator for text links

Hi, I found this script on the "tips & tricks" page and I just need some help as to where I add this. Do I add to the body of the page html ? and How do I go about making it work for when you click on the text links etc.

The code is as follows:.......

Simple way to open window as a popup.
    on the link just type this:

Code:
    "#" onClick="window.open('http://www.yourdomain/yourpage.html', '','width=300,height=300'); return false;"
    Change the page name and the size according what you want
    If you are using Bluevoda, eliminate the first quote
    " of the code because will be automatic added by Bluevoda itself.
    make like this:

Code:
    #" onClick="window.open('http://www.yourdomain/yourpage.html', '','width=300,height=300'); return false;"

Please note, this is only work after you publish your page

Re: pop up generator for text links

As this is a popup script that works by opening up a box when the page is opened you would need to add this inside and right after the <body> tag. I would recommend making this a pop under if you are realy wanting to use popups as most people hate popups which jump in front of the content they are trying to view. Hope this helps
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

As this is a popup script that works by opening up a box when the page is opened you would need to add this inside and right after the <body> tag. I would recommend making this a pop under if you are realy wanting to use popups as most people hate popups which jump in front of the content they are trying to view. Just remember that a lot of people block pop ups now so this may not be of any use to you anyway.

Hope this helps
      Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
      FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Originally posted by Mook25
        As this is a popup script that works by opening up a box when the page is opened you would need to add this inside and right after the <body> tag. I would recommend making this a pop under if you are realy wanting to use popups as most people hate popups which jump in front of the content they are trying to view. Just remember that a lot of people block pop ups now so this may not be of any use to you anyway.

Hope this helps
        ????? This is a On click code. Meaning that is the link to give to any clickable object (text, shape, image etc) in order to open the link in a popup, ONLY if clicked.

It will NOT open automatically when the page is loaded.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I tried to do this, but clicking the link just opened a new full-size browser window with the linked page on it, not as a popup. How do I fix this?

Thanks,
          Sandra
          www.randallruback.com

Comment

You must have done something wrong in typing the code in the URL field. This DOES open in a popup. Please provide a link to the page with the link, if you have published it.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Navaldesign, I just found your reply to the same question in http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/mys...text-link.html.

In that posting, you said to insert the code as the URL of the link, not to the HTML of the page you're linking to. It works!

Thanks,
              Sandra
              www.randallruback.com

Comment

Working...
              X