Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Privacy Policy, etc

Hi all,

My site is flabfallsoff.com – a diet and weight-loss site…

I have a question about things like Disclaimers, Privacy Policies, Terms of Service, and things like that. Generally these appear as tiny hyperlinks at the bottom of the page and I would guess no-one reads them. Though of course I’m sure they’re important, especially if someone wants to sue you!

I have put legalese as a Foreword in my diet eBook (ie we are not responsible for your use or non-use of the info, always consult your doctor, etc, etc) but I would like to know:

*should I put these disclaimers etc in?

*who has declared that internet sites need these, are they required by law?
    *is there any standard?
    *does one need to hire an expensive law firm to make them up, or can you use boilerplates? If so, where are these obtainable?

*is their only function legal?

And any other info anyone would like to impart ;)

Thanks in advance and chao!

Will
    A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Re: Privacy Policy, etc

If you surf to the Better Business Bureau, and drill into their Online Certification Program, they provide a sample Privacy Policy they regard as the minimum for inclusion into their program.

(It is considered the most unilaterally acceptable.....and yes, you DO need such a Policy on your website as means of compliance with both the Patriot Act and the Anti-Spam Act)

Using this sample as a framework, you should alter it significantly to not only address your particular needs, but to avoid possible copyright or plagerism issues.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili,

tks for this. I think I will check out a few typical samples and significantly change them/adapt to mine etc. I think in many cases they're too long so will try and make them short and sweet, lol.

In a sense the Patriot Act and Anti-Spam act dont apply to me coz I'm located outside of North America... but since my website is mainly targeted at the US (and Voda is based in the US!!) I will definitely comply ;)

cheers

Will
      A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Comment

Here is mine,

I actually added two versions as to not miss anything.

www.digitalizedmemories.com/contact.php

Either use one or the other or both its up to you but be very sure to completely read and change my business name with your own.

-DM

Comment

Originally posted by planet777 View Post
          Hi Vasili,tks for this. I think I will check out a few typical samples and significantly change them/adapt to mine etc. I think in many cases they're too long so will try and make them short and sweet, lol. In a sense the Patriot Act and Anti-Spam act dont apply to me coz I'm located outside of North America... but since my website is mainly targeted at the US (and Voda is based in the US!!) I will definitely comply ;) cheers Will
          No prob!
          Yeah, it's good you see the aspect of being VodaHost-ed as the need to comply, which mostly excapes many others! Better safe than sorry!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X