Website search box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website search box

Does anyone know of a good, user-friendly website search utility. I have a recipe exchange website and would like my visitors to be able to search for recipes using specific terms. I am currently using PicoSearch which has a free service limited to 250 pages. I anticipate eventually having enough to exceed that amount. Their premium service is a little pricey. Thanks!
    No matter how fast you are going, there is always someone trying to pass.

Re: Website search box

I use and like freefind.com - it's also free.

There are some wonderful ones you can pay for out there, too, if you understand how to do the coding.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Google also offers one I believe .... and you set it up with your own search terms relative to your site ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have recently created a simple search panel that you might want to look at: Go tothis demo site:

This page is a working demo and can be set up to search a database of ALL
        your recipes, contacts, sales, etc....................

Whilst your there, have a look at some of the other goodies there, they may work for You......................
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks everyone. I located freefind and believe it will do just what I want.
          No matter how fast you are going, there is always someone trying to pass.

Comment

You're welcome!
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys! Something else I knew I would need and wondered where to get it! :)) Gotta love these forums & the help you guys provide!

Comment

Working with Google gives you the opportunity to make extra money. There are two ways, upon signing up with Google, you can either put google ads relative to your site (and pray that someone clicks on the ads) or you can put a google search button on your page. The way Google search works, You get a script to place the google search bar for your site (Anywhere you want) and you also get to customize the "search results" page with your own logo. When someone places a key word in the search box, a page will appear with the results (Just like Google home page). You get paid when someone clicks on one of the results. I have Google on one of the websites with Voda and I've made an extra $50 bucks with it so far. There are many ways you can make extra money on your website at no cost to your visitors. Look at the Firefox browser. All they have is the Google search on their main page. That's why the browser is free. They are making a killing on that alone. Hope this helps.

Comment

Google search will only work if you know that google has ALL your pages indexed. One reason I use freefind - is that I know if I add a page, I go back to freefind, tell them to reindex my site, and they pick up all pages.

Google may or may not pick up some of your pages, and then will not have them in the index of the search.

Also, you are talking about having Google search to the internet on your site - where this thread was speaking of internal search of your site.

I do not recommend adding the Google search box to the internet (or Google ads - or any of the other ads) to sites that are selling their own products. Affiliate sites are a whole nother ball game and a good place to have both.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi everyone

I haven't posted before but I am an avid reader! I have constructed my website from scratch with Bluevoda, having no previous experience whatsoever, and without all your invaluable information I could never have achieved what is now a working website. Just sorting the internal search issue now, and the whole search engine optimisation thing; another day, another headache!

But thank you one and all for your help

Clare
                    www.fuerteventurabusinessdirectory.com

Comment

Working...
                    X