This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Media Player + Avi Files - Help PLS

Hi everyone,is it just me or it's a common thing, is Media player doesn't play avi files?I remember that before I could play my avi files in WMP, but not anymore, does anyone know why?I know there is DivX Player but I just don't like it.Note: I have WMP 11, I've checked the preferences and options and made avi in WMP enabled.Anyone could help me with this issue? if there is any secret how to play avi files in WMP.Thanks in advance.
    The Producer

Re: Windows Media Player + Avi Files - Help PLS

You have to install the codecs, I know its dumb but, thats the way it is....
    some of them are third party software

Comment

well, yeah I know that, the thing is I had to download DivX to play my avi files, but I remember before I used to played them in Media Player, I hope someone knows the secret of this.Still waiting for more answers.Thanks.
      The Producer

Comment

.avi files play fine for me in WMP, but I always get a prompt to the effect of "Windows Media Player can not play or does not recognize the extension, do you want WMP to attempt to play the file anyway?" (This is a paraphrase, not the exact wording.)

There is also a check box within this prompt marked "Don't ask me for this extension again". I've never checked that, but I'm wondering if maybe you did at some point and that put an end to playing .avi files for you.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

This is what I found .... may be just a repeat of the above but a place to look ....

Audio Visual Interleave (.avi)

loadTOCNode(3, 'summary');Versions of Windows Media Player that support this file type: 標indows Media Player 7標indows Media Player for Windows XP標indows Media Player 9 Series標indows Media Player 10 標indows Media Player 11Audio Video Interleave (AVI) is a special case of Resource Interchange File Format (RIFF). AVI is defined by Microsoft. The .avi file format is the most common format for audio and video data on a computer.

Audio content or video content that is compressed with a wide variety of codecs can be stored in an .avi file and played in Windows Media Player, if the appropriate codecs are installed on the computer. Video codecs that are frequently used in .avi files include the following codecs: 疋ivX codec

For more information, visit the following DivX Web site: http://www.divx.com

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X