Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with navigation menubars

Hello,

I am having a problem with navigation menubars becoming "altered" when I navigate between pages on my site. When I create a new page to be linked, I edit the menubar slightly (ie, remove the button that got me to that page in the first place, and add one that will take me back to the previous screen).

When I go back to the previous screen, sometimes the menu buttons don't change. Or, they may appear correct, and then are incorrect when I do a "mouseover." Even when they appear incorrect, they still seem to link to the correct pages (but it would be awfully confusing to anyone trying to navigate my site.

Any ideas? My site is www.ogdenwomensclinic.com/medicalspa

Thanks.

Re: Problem with navigation menubars

May I suggest that your navigation bar be the same on all pages for the sake of your customers/viewers? Doing this is the least confusing method of navigation.

Now, as to it changing - how are you moving the menubar between the pages?
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I've been just renaming an existing page, making changes to it as needed, and then publishing it as the new page.

I think I might have found the problem. Previously, when I was going into the "properties" for the menu bar and making changes, I was just editing an existing entry (changing the name and URL) and I think it somehow then related the two buttons on the different pages. Now I am deleting the un-needed button and creating a new one, and the problem doesn't seem to occur.

Comment

Make one menu navigation bar and anything else that will stay the same on all pages (top picture or graphic header), leaving the middle meat of the page blank. Then save that page as a template that you use on all of your pages.

Comment

Working...
        X