receiving form input from php page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• receiving form input from php page

The php page leaseown.org/menu has a form for sending an entered email address to a specific email site. These instructions are in leaseown.org/action. I've followed instructions exactly but still do not receive the email address in the email sent to me. Help please!
    Roger

Re: trouble receiving form input from php page

rcarnes1,

Is your page published? It will not work in preview- it needs to be published.

If it is published- please list the url correctly so that we may take a look.
    Additionally- which instructions are you following? Are you trying to use the mailto: method or the php method?

Like to help- post back.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy,
      Yes the page is published under leaseown.org/menu
      I followed the instructions for php. I must be missing something but don't know what it is.
      Roger

Comment

Andy,
        Try the link http://www.leaseown.org/firstpage.php, I'm not sure why leaseown.org/menu.php doesn't get you there.
        Roger

Comment

Your not showing the URL correctly. Try it yourself. Cut and paste what you have listed.

You did not answer my question. What instructions are you following?
          Did you use php to process the form or are you using mailto:

What is the name of the page that contains the form?

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy,
            The URL is http://www.leaseown.org/firstpage.php. The form is on a php page called menu that is called by firstpage.php. Again I did use the php instructions.
            Roger

Comment

Ok- looking at the source code, on the form somewhere you have $email = HTTP_POST_VARS['email']; This should not be on the form anywhere. This should be in the action.php script.

Also- the field to input the email address is outside the form. Stretch the form down some and then place the email field (text box) on the form.

Can you copy and paste the php code that you are using? That would help.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy,
                I've done as you suggested. It now works! Thanks so much.
                Roger

Comment

You're very welcome. Have a great New Year.

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hello Andy

It might be February but it is never to late to say Happy New Year!

I am having a similar problem to what rcarnes1 (Roger) was having. I receive my forms fine, but there is no recipent address given. I check to see whether this code $email = HTTP_POST_VARS['email']; was in my form http://www.keeptrackconcierge.com/contact_form.html but it wasn't. It only excist in my action.php http://www.keeptrackconcierge.com/action.php.

Can you please help me to solve this problem

Thank you
                    Regards,

Nicole Delamore

Comment

Because the email field of your form is NOT named "email" but E- mail Address. Change the field name of your form in " email ", save and republish the form.
                      Navaldesign
                      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                        Because the email field of your form is NOT named "email" but E- mail Address. Change the field name of your form in " email ", save and republish the form.
                        Guess what Naveldesign.... IT WORKS!!!

Thank you so much, can't believe how such a miss type can cause things to go wrong.

Once again thanks
                        Regards,

Nicole Delamore

Comment

Working...
                        X