• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding HTML to my website

Good morning Forum

Happ New Year to all!

Today's problem is the following:
    I have a website needing lots of html code boxes as I am adding a shopping cart function, and so need an HTML box next to each item available for purchase. The HTML code for the button is readymade, and I just need to paste it to my page, but when I add it as per the video tutorial, all I see is still the HTML box of the tutorial, and the purchase button with price does not appear. How do I fix this?

Thanks!

Marietjie

Domain: www.herbs4life.info

Re: Adding HTML to my website

is this when you are looking at it published? cos it wont show up unless on the net, have you opend the html box and placed the said button code inside? then it should be ok

just clicked on your link and you need to name the page at the moment its clled index, right click page then you can name it this isnt the same as saving it in the nmae index you understand
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

When you put the html box on your page - you then right click on it. Now select properties - and this is where you insert your code.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

I am doing the same thing using HTML boxes as my BUY NOW boxes. they publish and work fine but I need a tip for positioning them. They get quite small and it is hard to line them up with the other type etc. Anyone know how to do this? The page I am working on is http://humnew.com/handlevases.html
        See that floating BuyNOW button? That's an HTML box I made so tiny that I can't grab it to delete. I can find the code in the page HTML but can't see how to delete it there. The code does not appear to editable in that window. How do I edit?
        Leslie
        humnew.com
        PS double clicking on an HTML box to insert code is quicker than right click/properties
        HumBird
        www.Humnew.com

Comment

First, you should make all the html boxes the size of what they will be portraying on the page. Even if that box is only one pixel, you should be able to right click on it and get the options to work with it - it'll just be difficult because you need to know exactly where you put it :) Your other option is to click on everything else on the page and copy it over to another page and delete the original page with that errant little box.

Looking at the page, I suggest you make those buy buttons bigger - I'm not sure if anyone will see them as they are now.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

I've been trying to make them all the same size but they still don't line up nice and tidy when they are published. I think I will have to move everything to a new page to get rid of that errant button. I can't grab it no matter how hard I try- unless there is a place to enlarge the page... is there such an option?
            I'll do some testing with the little buttons- it's an art gallery thang.(:
            HumBird
            www.Humnew.com

Comment

Hi Marietjie,

I am trying to do the same thing: inserting the HTML code for my "buy now" buttons. It seems a bit difficult. Do you happen to know where i could find more info how to do it?
              Thanks, Leila

Comment

Yeah i have one of the same problems. when i add html codes to a html box or page html and see the preview on the internet it just comes up with the code and thats all not the actual pictures from the code and stuff like that what do i do?

Comment

Originally posted by Leila
                  Hi Marietjie,

I am trying to do the same thing: inserting the HTML code for my "buy now" buttons. It seems a bit difficult. Do you happen to know where i could find more info how to do it?
                  Thanks, Leila
                  It is quite easy. Add a html box in your page. Double click it and paste in the window that opens, the code for the PayPal buy now button. Click ok and you are done. YOu can make the html box the same size as the button image that you have selected when creating it, as this will help you have the same (visually) layout as if the real button image was in the page.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by James`Strife
                    Yeah i have one of the same problems. when i add html codes to a html box or page html and see the preview on the internet it just comes up with the code and thats all not the actual pictures from the code and stuff like that what do i do?
                    www.legionofanvil.com
                    You are probably missing part of the code, for example the starting tags. If so, then yes, it will appear as code and it will not give the effect you want. If you want, post here the code you are trying to place in the page, so we can have a look.
                    Navaldesign
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
                      First, you should make all the html boxes the size of what they will be portraying on the page. Even if that box is only one pixel, you should be able to right click on it and get the options to work with it - it'll just be difficult because you need to know exactly where you put it :) .
                      The size you draw your html box to insert code into does not dictate how images present: the code itself determines the images' formatting.

To change the size of your image created by the code you need to adjust the code itself. Your html box is merely a visual aid for your to use when developing a page.
                      The common reference point for placement on your page is always the upper left corner of your HTML box (to which the code also reforms).
                      To demonstrate this, you can create a 120wx60t box and place code in it for a 468x60 banner......guess what happens? And, conversely, you can "edit the code" by changing the 468 into 120, and it will present perfectly, although the image will be distorted having been created for the former formatting.....
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili, the meaning of Beth's post, as well that of mine (post #9 where i also suggest making the html box same size as the visual effect that will be generated by the code) is that by having it the same size, the viewer can better be helped with the layout of the page.

And, also, it is not exact that the html can be any size, at least not in all cases. If, the code that is pasted generates a dynamically resizable table, or it contains a paragraph of text, then the dimensions of the html DO count, as everything will be contained in the html boxes dimensions.

Your observation is only true for unique objects (like images) where indeed the dimensions of the box are not important. However, it always helps having the box appear as it will when the code goes live .
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Psignomen, G!

Go ahead and delete my interruption please!
                          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Not at all Vasili,

through discussion between us, olders, useful information is coming up for new membres.

And, not everybody knows, as you have nicely put it, that they can change themselves the dimensions of a banner by changing the code.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                              You are probably missing part of the code, for example the starting tags. If so, then yes, it will appear as code and it will not give the effect you want. If you want, post here the code you are trying to place in the page, so we can have a look.

Ok thanks heeps, but the file i'm trying to send you wont send and it never does i put the files in a zip folder but it dosn't work even if they are single but i will find a way oh yes i'll just coppy and paste it... omg i am dumb lol ok here the first one is for my loading page and flash header, second one is for my body and page code. now when ever i put this into the page html it only shows up as the code no effet so please tell me what needs to be done. thanks

1: &txt_line1=Legion Of Anvil
                              &txt_line2=Forsaken Kingdome
                              &txt_loading=LOADING

2: body {
                              margin: 0px;
                              padding: 0px;
                              background-image: url(images/index01.gif);
                              }
                              body, th, td {
                              font-family: Nuptial BT, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
                              font-size: 20px;
                              color: #ACACAC;
                              }
                              form {
                              margin: 0px;
                              padding: 0px;
                              }
                              .input1 {
                              }
                              .align-justify {
                              text-align: justify;
                              }
                              .text1 {
                              color: #FFFFFF;
                              }
                              .text2 {
                              color: #595959;
                              }
                              a {
                              color: #8EA0C1;
                              }
                              a:hover {
                              text-decoration: none;
                              }
                              a.link1 { Home
                              color: #ACACAC;
                              }
                              /*
                              Styles that are applied on the containing element
                              like <TD></TD>. When applied, this will change both
                              the text and the text links inside them.
                              */
                              .style1 {
                              }
                              .style1 a {
                              }
                              .style1 a:hover {
                              }

Comment

Working...
                              X