Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Mod Problems

im on phpbb2

im having probs getting things to work when trying to insert via easy mod , i have tried a few things now like shoutboxmod, cash mod thing etc but they all seem to have critical error when tryng to load it also it seems that it has something to do with the stlye cos it says something in the error report about subsilver ?????? im using blob style and have front portal

i place the file i want into the admin/mod then it finds it ok in easy mod? any suggestions welcomed as i dont fancy going down the diy path cos im thick lol
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Re: Easy Mod Problems

Originally posted by allstarfaces
    im on phpbb2

im having probs getting things to work when trying to insert via easy mod , i have tried a few things now like shoutboxmod, cash mod thing etc but they all seem to have critical error when tryng to load it also it seems that it has something to do with the stlye cos it says something in the error report about subsilver ?????? im using blob style and have front portal

i place the file i want into the admin/mod then it finds it ok in easy mod? any suggestions welcomed as i dont fancy going down the diy path cos im thick lol
    Critical error message's are not the end of the world my friend. what they mean is that the easymod can not find that part in the tpl ot php file . it could have changed or been edit, also some mods have not been written with easymod in mind. the best way to correct it is to find the which line the error is on in your install text file ( easymod will tell the line number ) then open the file concerned in your text editor, ie dreamweaver or notepad2 look for the lines in the find command if they are the same copy and paste the exact lines back in to install text making sure you paste it over the old lines.
    also easymod way though a warning message at you these are usually language warning ( best way to stop this is to delete all the language files in your language folder in the forum that you don't use) but some are template warning this is were easymod has not installed a part of text or code in one or more of your skins, keep a eye out for these as you will have to do them manually.

Or if you don't understand a word of the goberly goke i just said, Try doing it manually. beleave me once you've done it one or two hundred times you will be able to do it in your sleep.

Just one thing in the install file there will be a list of the file that will be edit with the mod, MAKE BACK UPs OF THESE FILES BEFORE STARTING, USING EASYMOD OR MANUALLY INSTALL. IF YOU MESS UP YOU WILL BE GLADE YOU DID.

Comment

lmao ye ye i c , its the thing with the skins it mostly has trouble with, ye i did a back up yesterday when i went to install, cheers mate i just thought it might have been me doing it wrong, spose i better go do a few manuallly then zzzzzzzzzzzzz, is it ok to make a full back up zip of all programe etc then try to install or just back up the file i change ? , which is best mate
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Originally posted by allstarfaces
        lmao ye ye i c , its the thing with the skins it mostly has trouble with, ye i did a back up yesterday when i went to install, cheers mate i just thought it might have been me doing it wrong, spose i better go do a few manuallly then zzzzzzzzzzzzz, is it ok to make a full back up zip of all programe etc then try to install or just back up the file i change ? , which is best mate
        only the files your going to change, that way if you do mess up you can put the good ones back.

Comment

Working...
        X