Need A bit of Help: Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need A bit of Help: Images

Hi, Im very new to all this web design stuff, and have an existing site and forum that Im trying to reinvent so to speak with a new look and design.

I was thrilled to find your BlueVoda software and give it a try. I have used OpenOffice and Frontpage but its a steep learning curve.

I have also looked through the tutorial about adding images to the pages, followed the directions and still get a 'Image not found!' error.. the only images I seem to be able to add to the page are from the templates.

BV does support .png format was my understanding ?

Any help would be appreciated on this. Im about to the point of thinking Im just not capable of this stuff and forget it all.. lol
    Last edited by Me Here; 01-04-2007, 04:46 PM. Reason: added email notification

Re: Need A bit of Help: Images

Hi, Sorry! But BV doesn’t support png. You will have to convert the images to jpeg or gif

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Collectors-info for the fast reply, that's too bad.. was hoping to give this a try.. lol

Most of our template graphics and pages contain many many png files and no way im converting them all.. lol

Thanks guys

Comment

That's your choice. But if you have a good photo program, they can all be converted fairly quickly. .png is not the best choice to use on the web.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
          Hi, Sorry! But BV doesn’t support png. You will have to convert the images to jpeg or gif
          BV Supports .png file. Just click add Image and find your .png image/pic. It will give you an error image not found, but when you preview you will see it. I use .png image in one of my logo and it works fine.

all the best.
          jahnSELE

Comment

Hi, looking at other posts, it seems that it’s BV that doesn’t support png. Must admit I was under the impression that it wouldn’t work on a BV web site. But you have proved that wrong. (well done)
            The only thing with what was being asked above, is that it would be a real pain trying to set up a template that you cant see in BV. Unless the template can be set up using navals style of pages with PHP.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
            X