Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I or Should I not?

Hello All,

As most of you know that have gone to my site know I'm a single mom with a litle girl. Sosrry to say thers more to the story. I would like your honest oppion on if I should add this page and a donation box to my site.

http://www.windameer.com/do.html

Jolen
    www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

Re: Should I or Should I not?

Hi Jolen,

Tks for the post... my gut feel is that there's nothing wrong with asking for a donation, esp. since you have gone thru a rough time. HOWEVER, perhaps make it plain that this is a TEMPORARY thing - because you are determined to make it work as a SELLING VENTURE, ie a business.

if you dont, you might run the risk of appearing as a whiner, whereas people respect those who hit adversity and come out winning! Especially those who make their business work!

Dare I say that I think you need to be a bit more positive? :)

Watch the typos and grammer too, perhaps get someone in to check the copy. It puts one off when you battle to understand the gist of a sentence etc ;)

anyway, that's my 2c worth.

chao and be well,

Will
    A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Comment

Originally posted by planet777@global.co.za
      Hi Jolen,

Tks for the post... my gut feel is that there's nothing wrong with asking for a donation, esp. since you have gone thru a rough time. HOWEVER, perhaps make it plain that this is a TEMPORARY thing - because you are determined to make it work as a SELLING VENTURE, ie a business.

if you dont, you might run the risk of appearing as a whiner, whereas people respect those who hit adversity and come out winning! Especially those who make their business work!

Dare I say that I think you need to be a bit more positive? :)

Watch the typos and grammer too, perhaps get someone in to check the copy. It puts one off when you battle to understand the gist of a sentence etc ;)

anyway, that's my 2c worth.

chao and be well,

Will
      Thanks Will, your right I didn't add in That i know that this will bring the income i need to suport us when all the big things are done. As for positivity your right I didn't protray it well. spelling well thers not spell check here i write all my web pages then check them in msworks for gramer and spelling at least i try. I may have strugles but i don't give up. I'll re write that to protray this all better thank you.

Jolen

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

Comment

Jolen,
        -Its ok, consider a more positive marketing approach. For some reason people like to donate to petting zoos and little animals but not as much to others in need. Combining both provides a human interest story and a worthy cause.
        -Watch your words: "retired" not "reiterated" and think about saying "my daughter was born and not her name (its already under My Family).
        -Build up the last paragraph, if you have a target amount, provide it, let people know what you expect and that you will post pictures of the repairs and livestock.

: - )
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

You may want to add a donation wall, where you will add their names to the wall (not the amount) for the rebuilding of the petting zoo.

Just a thought, I get crazy sometimes
          Sharon Chajin

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
            Jolen,
            -Its ok, consider a more positive marketing approach. For some reason people like to donate to petting zoos and little animals but not as much to others in need. Combining both provides a human interest story and a worthy cause.
            -Watch your words: "retired" not "reiterated" and think about saying "my daughter was born and not her name (its already under My Family).
            -Build up the last paragraph, if you have a target amount, provide it, let people know what you expect and that you will post pictures of the repairs and livestock.

: - )
            Thank you Bill, I have rewriten the last paragraph and did a few small changes to hopfuly have a better understanding of what i'm talking about and that i'm goignt o be working on it all too.

Comment

Originally posted by SChajin
              You may want to add a donation wall, where you will add their names to the wall (not the amount) for the rebuilding of the petting zoo.

Just a thought, I get crazy sometimes
              That is a good thought and I'll be adding one in :)

Comment

aye i agree with all statments above i have a donation box on my site but it will cost you a monthly fee don't know how much due to i am on a 7 day trial and only 3 days to go until they terminate it until my cc is loaded again from the bank ion the 24th of each month.
                if you'd like the website address let me know and i will paste it on here for you.
                "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Originally posted by naghosthunter
                  aye i agree with all statments above i have a donation box on my site but it will cost you a monthly fee don't know how much due to i am on a 7 day trial and only 3 days to go until they terminate it until my cc is loaded again from the bank ion the 24th of each month.
                  if you'd like the website address let me know and i will paste it on here for you.
                  Thank you for the offer but Paypal has it that you can also. I'll try that one frist.

Comment

the boost donation is paypal certified it all goes to your account through paypal
                    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Yes i seen that on your site. What i just added is like the buy it now buttons but it's a donation one. that paypal offers take a look if you want i haven't added the page to my site yet need to do all the links and so on still and would like to do a final proff here before letign the world see it lol.

Comment

I don't have any problem with it - but please put it through a spell checker or see if there's someone willing to go through it and do that part for you. And, remember, if you see funds this way, you need to keep good track of them - you will need to speak to an accountant about how they need to be reported.
                        Beth
                        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
                          I don't have any problem with it - but please put it through a spell checker or see if there's someone willing to go through it and do that part for you. And, remember, if you see funds this way, you need to keep good track of them - you will need to speak to an accountant about how they need to be reported.
                          Thank you for your advice Beth. it was writen in a spell check programe. is the spelling here or on the link? here i'm sorry to say i know i miss spell alot, but that's why i use msword to check my web pages.

Comment

Hello everyone.

I have added a Plan for the farm. It's under the family link. Thank you.

Jolen

Comment

Working...
                            X