image opacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• image opacity

hi! wondering if there is a way to decrease the opacity of an image, graphic, or template for a ghost effect behind text or any other application? working on a home page in bv and I'm pretty pleased with the layout but feel there is too much white behind the main text so I thought if I could ghost something behind it besides just color it would give me the balance I'm looking for. unfortunatly this is not published to look at so I hope you understand what I'm asking.
    blue
    id#11961
    www.salondecaro.com

Re: image opacity

Hi..You should utilize something like Adobe Photoshop to work with opacity and layering... I'm sure there other programs available.. Look through your scanner and Windows programs for handling photos and images.... Doug

Comment

Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator are great programs but very expensive. There is a program called paint.net which is free and very similar to Photoshop. You can even find free tutorials on the web for this. Here is the link for pain.net http://www.getpaint.net/index2.html
      good luck
      dori
      Naturally Yours,
      Dori
      www.earthelixirs.com
      www.earthelixirsinc.com
      www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
      www.virtualdesigndiva.com
      www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

thank you very much. I have CS2 & do not know why I didn't think of that but I did that and worked great. also thanks for yhe link, nice to know these things to be able to pass them on.

Comment

The joy of peer-to-peer progress!

"There's Magic in VodaLand"
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hmm.... Are we talking about picture opacity (transparency) to let see what is underneath ? for a web page ? In BlueVoda ?

if that is what we are talking about, no software is useful (for BV) . This requires for alpha chanel support, which is not natively included in BV. There are, however scripts on the net, that included in a BV page will allow to regulate an image opacity
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Would not an image created/edited with another tool with the element of transparency desired be capable of being imported into BV and still perform effectively??

(Such an image would be transparent by nature, correct? and...not borne to the dynamics of BV creation)
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

what I did was take the image in photoshop, reduced opacity by 60% on a white background to sort of ghost it behind some text. i.e.:made a diminished photo background for a text box inserted into my template. its one of the few parts that printed fine & also previewed fine. of course I don't know yet if it will publish. no question here, but would sure like to see an answer to Vasili's quiery above.
                blue
                id.#11961

Comment

Transparent images (and when i say transparent, i mean REALLY transparent, that is, allowing to look through them, not simple transparent gifs that only have the border or, anyway, one of the colors transparent) can only be obtained by changing the alpha channel value. This can be done with Javascript.
                  Navaldesign
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hey Naval... Say if I were to edit (lighten up through opacity) a picture and save as such (GIF)... it'll still come up in BV lighter... Won't it ???? Thanks Doug

Comment

Yes, it will. But that is NOT a transparent image, it is just a faded out image.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

which means I really phrased the question wrong as
                        i guess what I erallly wanted was a faded out image which is really what it is, but having said that if I put and image or text behind what I did as in photoshop layer, you would be able to see it making it somewhat transparent, no? . also another question as I do not know where to put it without another thread, I often see links and or displays on sites ie: a weather link I saw that displayed todays forcast and also linked to the entire weather site. my query is be it weather, date & time or other things, how does one set this up? and can it be done with a link back to my site? or with only way out is back through my site?? I hope this makes sense. I might be at a loss to some terms and I apologize.

Comment

Comments-
                          Originally posted by bluester
                          which means I really phrased the question wrong as
                          i guess what I erallly wanted was a faded out image which is really what it is, but having said that if I put and image or text behind what I did as in photoshop layer, you would be able to see it making it somewhat transparent, no? Yes, basically the same as a watermark. also another question as I do not know where to put it without another thread, I often see links and or displays on sites ie: a weather link I saw that displayed todays forcast and also linked to the entire weather site. my query is be it weather, date & time or other things, how does one set this up? Use an image and hyperlink - open in new window (users can customize for their region) you will not be able to modify the weather page unless it is yours too and can it be done with a link back to my site? Try inserting the weather link in an I-Frame or with only way out is back through my site?? I hope this makes sense. I might be at a loss to some terms and I apologize.
                          Bill
                          www.blueearthtea.com
                          www.ftaaconsulting.com
                          www.iaval.com
                          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

hi maiby any bady now hau can i do pres images and luck biga???
                            thanks
                            www.ltflooringinstallation.com

Comment

Hi... I think he's asking about how to make small pictures come up larger on his page... Can anyone help him here??? Doug

Comment

Working...
                              X