• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTML Template - Excel

Hi,

This is my 1st post here ...

My question is a bit hard .. hmm lets check that

I prepare a daily report in Excel File which is a very hectic and time consuming job.Is there any way where I can create a template which will have pre-defined values which I can select with the help of a drop down .. and after selecting all values required for my report and then at the finalstage I shud be able to generate a excel report.

The template which has pre-defined value are constants and never change ... So instead of typing everyday in a Excel everyday. I will just select my requirement from the template and as soon as I click on generate it shud transfer those values in Excel file .. is this possible .. I use Open Office as of now .. Can anyone here guide me please.

(P.S. : Kindly excuse me if this thread was posted earlier )
    Only The Inquiring Mind Solves Problems !

I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand !

Re: HTML Template - Excel

Presentation of an excel report can be done in two ways:
    1. You prepare the excel file on your computer, and then you upload the file on your site. When the visitor of your site clicks on a link (that can be text, image, button, whatever you like), he gets redirected to the excel file. IF, and only IF, he has excel installed on his computer, the excel file will open on his screen, and he will be able to see your report.

2. It can be done easier through a Database (excel itself is a simple, limited features database application). So you can have a custom made script, that will allow you to select from dropdowns (or type in, your choice) the values and then it will make all the calculations and present the report in a page on your website automatically, on a predefined template with cell dimensions, colors and everything else customized to suit your own site. Ofcourse this requires programming capabilities on your part, or having someone to build it for you. If you are interested, just contact me.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval Design,

Thanks for ur reply ..

I would like to brief u abt the report thing.

This excel file is then converted into a CSV file which is then used to import in our DB, so before that I have to prepare this " XLS " ...

Now my excel file which I fill everyday has pre-defined values in it which are matching with DB values i.e.it helps to import those values on our DB.

I just check your " contact link " on the main page u have given a very good example of a report I am looking for a similar kind but with some changes in it .. which ultimately will throw a excel report with the values selected.. I hope I am making u understand my issue clearly .. if its not clear enough please ask me ur queries I will explain u in more detail.

Thanks again

Sagar

Comment

You mean you already have a database on your site ?

Why do the job twice ?

You need a db application, that will allow you to fill in (or select from dropdowns) the necessary values, then it will perform all calculations, and the results can be also stored in the database (if required) automatically. These values in the dropdowns will already be stored in the database, and retreived from there. No import - export. Ofcourse, my applications allow also for exporting again the database info in excel or csv or xlm or word format, if you ever need to download them again on your desktop.

Please provide some more details, but privately, through the link i provided.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

NavalDesign,

That will be much better, good idea .. may I have ur email address I will explain u in detail abt my requirement.

Thanks

Sagar

Comment

Originally posted by Saagar
            NavalDesign,

That will be much better, good idea .. may I have ur email address I will explain u in detail abt my requirement.

Thanks

Sagar
            In the above link you can find both my email and the contact form.
            Navaldesign

Comment

ohh ok thanks I will send u the details by today evening

Comment

Working...
              X