Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attached photos in forum?

Hi,

I'm planning to setup a forum and i'm still a novice.

Can registered members attached some photos in the forum (e.g. holiday photos) and how to if it is possible? I cant find the answer in the tutorials.

Thank you.
    Cheers,
    Eric PSF

PapaEric.com
    A Father's Parenting Diary & More...

Re: Attached photos in forum?

Hi. 1st you have to install a forum onto your site. This is a stand alone program & nothing to do with BV. There is a free one in c panel. Then users can post photos on the forum. Some forums have facility’s to enable & disable what types of things can be posted. But placing an image is the same as placing one here on this forum. I think Vodahost has something in place that only allows 3 or 4 images per posting.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Dear Chris,

So how do i access the forum after installation? Do I hv to attached a link on my webpage for that? Can i use BV?

Thanks.
      Cheers,
      Eric PSF

PapaEric.com

Comment

Hi, usually when a forum is installed it will ask you for a name & password at the install stage. This will be your access to the admin area of your forum where you can adjust many of the functions of the forum.
        Some forums just have an admin link on the forum to enter the admin area via another password, others have a url that you keep & enter into your browser when you want to work on the forum , again via a password..
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by EricPSF
          Hi,

I'm planning to setup a forum and i'm still a novice.

Can registered members attached some photos in the forum (e.g. holiday photos) and how to if it is possible? I cant find the answer in the tutorials.

Thank you.
          In order for your users to upload photos to your forum (assuming you use a phpBB forum installed through Fantastico), you will need to add a hack that allows for such things, as phpBB by default does not have this functionality. Several methods can be found at phpbb.com under Mods.

Users can, however, use the [img] tags to add photos already on the internet.
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the tips!
            Cheers,
            Eric PSF

PapaEric.com

Comment

hi is the hack for uploading pictures uploaded to my forum the same way a skin would be uploaded,..sorry to sound so thick ,..just confusing ,..thanks

Comment

It won't be exactly the same. A skin you just upload, and install through the admin panel. A hack/mod will require you to edit the actual files that the forum uses.

If you purchase a forum system like vB (what this forum uses) there are facilities built in to allow a user to upload a file to your website. (IPB might have it as well, im not sure).

If you don't want to go through the hassle of having a way for your users to upload a file to your webspace, you can direct them to websites that allow free image hosting such as http://www.imageshack.us
                They have a form where you browse for the file you want to host and it uplaods it, it then gives you several links to it (links to the image, forum bb code as either a link to it, or the image itself, etc), this method will allow your users to share their pictures, it won't require any of your webspace, but it will take a little extra time and invovlment on the users part to do it this way.

Register/Login Script
                Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

thanks for the reply but not very professional viewing images this way,..do not really want to redirect my viewers from my forum,...any tips on adding the mods ?thanks

Comment

http://phpbbhacks.com/download/5782 this hack give your members the ability to upload a picture to the post from the computer.

Comment

Thanks Watdaflip & Alien,...got it sussed now,..used the imageshack,perfect no real hassle,..cheers.

Comment

Working...
                      X