Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small template problem

Hi everyone,

Can anyone answer a simple question please. I am just starting to create my website and the template I have downloaded from Bluevoda has a white background and what seems a standard length? I have it centered at a 800 page width on a light blue background.

My question is when the pages I create become longer than the template, the white background of the template doesn't extend down, and therefore the web page content extends into the blue page background. When I try to pull the template down by the toggles, the whole template moves down. I tried to lock it but then I couldn't move it at all of course!

I am sure it is a simple thing to sort out but it is one of thjose frustrating things that I can't seem to fix!

thanks in advance,
    Paul.
    pep53.com
    www.punchardrenovation.com
    www.direct2view.com
    client ID 10225

Re: Small template problem

Hi there

Yes if you lock it, it locks it all, you should be able to pull it down longer and wider if you wished by pulling on the blue handles .... hmmm ...
    Try clicking off of it and then onto it again. this may correct that problem ....

Another way would be to insert a shape, white and add that to match up with your template, lay this shape over your light blue background color ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Ladyeye and thank you for the prompt reply !

I had a look through my initial post and I don't think that I explained the problem fully. The problem is with the top half of the template - (I am using template set no.1) from the free bv template sets.

I have no problem lengthening or widening the template by using the blue handles, but when I lengthen the template, the top section of the template where I have put a gradient blue shape banner, also elongates in proportion to how much I elongate it!

I have tried another template set (no.3) with similar results.

I don't really want to add a shape over the template as I thought that I could just use one of the stock bv templates, rather than getting into designing my own.

Any ideas?

Paul.

www.direct2view.com
      client ID 10225

Comment

Awe yes, it is doing this because it is all one graphic image .....

hmmm ... Doing something in a photoshop program might fix your troubles, I take it you do not want to increase the size of your banner which is in the header section of the template?

The only thing coming to my mind is, chop the header portion from the lower portion of the template, it is a jpeg image, and then insert the two as separate images .... worth a shot ....

I'll go and look at the template and see if anything else comes to mind ....
        intermission of the world junior hockey game, canada 3 - 0 now, !!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Paul

Sorry, got sidetracked ... but ... yes you can you can edit the image, I tried it, divided it up into three parts ... this way you can have the top the original size, the small mid section the original size and the largest part a size to your liking ..... you'll just insert as three images as opposed to one ... or you may even divide it into two ....

If you need help just shout, I could do it ... not sure which color you were using, I tried the blue one in set 1 .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi LadyEye,

Thank you Sooooo much! I think I will be able to crop it up in my version of Corel Paint Shop Pro, into three bits. I had tried chopping it in two parts but the middle section kept stretching!!!
            Actually I can't beleive something as simple as a template has caused me so much grief in trying to get a site up and running. Nevertheless, BV really is a great program to use, even for someone as dumb as me!!! lol.

You have been so helpful and responsive as always, which is much appreciated,

kind regards,
            Paul.
            www.direct2view.com
            client ID 10225

Comment

Working...
            X