Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added mini Banner page

Hello,

I have desided to add a mini banner page to my site and would like your input about it.

Thank you.

Jolen

Click my banner to get to my site please.
    www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

Re: Added mini Banner page

Linking is a way to get traffic. I wouldn't pay to put my link on your banner page - I kind of answered this in your other post. You really need to have a website that someone would find a good traffic maker for them to pay to place a banner - and banner's usage is mainly for advertising.

I suggest, for traffic purposes, you rethink this and start doing linking with text.

The banner sure is cute tho - and has it's place. I just don't see it the way you're setting it up.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
      Linking is a way to get traffic. I wouldn't pay to put my link on your banner page - I kind of answered this in your other post. You really need to have a website that someone would find a good traffic maker for them to pay to place a banner - and banner's usage is mainly for advertising.

I suggest, for traffic purposes, you rethink this and start doing linking with text.

The banner sure is cute tho - and has it's place. I just don't see it the way you're setting it up.
      You wouldn't have to pay anything it's free to voda host sites, The donation is not a set price. but maybe i should take that out and only offer for the Voda host sites. I'll have to think on this more.
      Thank you Beth.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

Comment

What I'm saying, is if I were to pay you - I would not do so to be on a banner page - whether I'm with vodahost or not. And I wouldn't put a banner or text link either for that matter, on the type of page you're doing - as it could actually hurt with search engines.

If you want to consider making revenue off of ads, people will want to be able to place them on pages relevant to what they offer - not a banner page like this.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

ok thank you Beth. I'll be removeing it. it wasn't done for an income anyways. but i do see what your saying.

Jolen

Comment

I agree with everything Beth just said. It would be just about impossible to make any money by charging people to place a banner on a new site with no traffic or any page rank. Your site is new and it has a page rank of 0 and is showing only 28 Yahoo links (mostly from posts on this site) and only 1 MSN link.

Using a text link helps more with the search engines as the text used is descriptive of the site it links to. This helps describe your site to the search engines and to users.

You could use your banner as a link to place on other sites though.

I read your story and would like to give you some input has to help you with generating some traffic and possibly help you to monetize your site by NOT charging people to place banners.

You need to get people linking to your site from theirs. It is best if the sites are animal related or farm related. As many as possible.

My wifes website would be happy to do a link swap with you. Her site is the Animal Rescue link in my sig.

You really should place a "links" or "resources" page or BOTH. Here is why:

Links Page:
            What you can achieve by doing this is adding text links to other sites from your site helps plug you into the web better which will help the search engines find you. You also need to get links to your site from other websites that are related to what you do in some way. This is the BEST and most powerful way to get plugged into the web. Using your banner as a link is OK but using a text link gives a description of what your site is about. This is as important for web surfers and search engines alike.

Resource Page:
            If you add a "Resource Page" to your site you can use this page to place articles that you write yourself or links to other great related resources that you use yourself. The key to doing this effectively is to make each article its own complete page complete with relevant titles and meta descriptions etc. This allows you to expand your website with relevant content. Search engines (especially Google) look for sites that have large relevant linking structure to site relevant pages that they will deem as "Authority Sites" and will give them a higher placement ranking. The way you link between your pages is very important. If you use text links, the search engines will spider them just like they will a text link from another site. Example would be if you had an article about Sheep Shearing...You would want the link to the sheep shearing article to say "Sheep Shearing" or "Sheep Shearing Tips".
            On the page that contains that article, you would want the title, description etc to include the same term as you used to describe the article in the text link. You would also want the link itself to include the term "sheep shearing" EX www.windameer.com/sheepsheering.html

Lets say you write or find 50 different articles about sheep. You place each article on an individual page on your site and you link to each of them from your "Resource" page. If your template has links that point to your home page (it shoud!) and the rest of your most important pages, your site has just expanded by 50 pages and you now have another 50 links pointing to your home page and the other most important pages of your site. This is a part of the strategy that is used to create "Authority Sites"

Once your site is gaining more traction from visitors and search engines, try adding some AdSense ads to your article pages. and add more affilliate links to your resource pages.

This strategy can be employed to help your site grow but it must be understood that this is only one small part of a traffic building strategy. SEO, relevant content, backlinking structure, internal site description using text links, site size and site age will all help. You are in a great place to get help building your web future.

I hope I explained this clearly enough......
            Affordable Medical Insurance
            Discount Dental Plan
            Washington State Health Insurance
            Temporary Health Insurance
            Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Thank you for your addvice motoxxx i'll try to use it. my site is already 53 pages as it is and i'm not good at writeing things or exspaining things so it's not likely i'll be able to do that. i wan't doing it for money i thought it would be a nice thing to do and I was wrong is all. my templet have my navagation bars in it so yes it dose piont back o all my main pages. all the pages do that except 3 that i made to be able to print out (the white ones). I put on the tradeing links for anyone with animal related sites. and i have looked at the avertizeing here and there is none that fit my site. For now i'm goign to just let it be i'm out of my leage with all this.

thank you again
              Jolen

Comment

Hi Jolen,
                Very well done for the work that you have put in so far.Keep at it,think of it as a nice little hobby and keep on reading what all of our learned friends at BV have to say and i am sure you will get to where you would like to get with it.All the very best of luck to you.
                regards
                Jay
                www.orlandomouseworld.com

Comment

Jolen, what you can do to add content to your site with resource pages is to search for articles on the web about your topics. Usually you can use the original articles on your sites if you get permissiion and/or give credit to the original author and a link to their site somewhere within the article page. People do this all of the time and it is an accepted form of sharing information on the web. Just be sure to always give credit to where you got the article from and who wrote it.

If your template is even decent, which I believe your is, you should be able to add complete resource pages to your site in about 5 minutes per page. Simply find an article, copy it to your tempate, insert titles and descriptions, save your page and pbliss it, place a link to it on your resource page.

I have one website that is very new, has a Google page rank of 0, has almost no links to it and I am already on page 1 of MSN Search for hyper competitive search terms just because of my internal link structure and the way my resource pages have added weight to my index page. This is easy to do if you know WHAT to do....
                  Discount Dental Plan

Comment

So Set it up like my Product page but with word links not picture links right? so this would be a page of links only and they all goto one page each?

I don't even know how to look and see if any of the search engens have fuould it yet but googal because i added it there myself and made an account.

I asked Voda Host for there one time offer to do the others so i'm sure it's done or soon will be.

Comment

Jolen, what you can do to add content to your site with resource pages is to search for articles on the web about your topics. Usually you can use the original articles on your sites if you get permissiion and/or give credit to the original author and a link to their site somewhere within the article page. People do this all of the time and it is an accepted form of sharing information on the web. Just be sure to always give credit to where you got the article from and who wrote it.

If your template is even decent, which I believe your is, you should be able to add complete resource pages to your site in about 5 minutes per page. Simply find an article, copy it to your tempate, insert titles and descriptions, save your page and pbliss it, place a link to it on your resource page.

I have one website that is very new, has a Google page rank of 0, has almost no links to it and I am already on page 1 of MSN Search for hyper competitive search terms just because of my internal link structure and the way my resource pages have added weight to my index page. This is easy to do if you know WHAT to do....
                      Discount Dental Plan

Comment

No sure how that posted twice but...

The answer to your question about using a text link is YES...USE THEM...

Also you should know that when you use the java script navigation buttons that the search engines have a harder time crawling them because they don't read java. Search engines read text. They also place importance on text that accuratley describes what the link points to.

If you have a link on your site that point to sheep shearing tips that is hyperlinked to an article of that topic, voila! you have a relevant link!

I have decided to redo my old sites with text based navigation for this very reason. I didn't start gettting much luck with the search engines until I switched from navigation menu buttons to text links.....go figure!

As far as submitting goes, Google can be finicky about what it picks up and indexes..I had one site that was sandboxed for about 4 months.....The easiest way to see results the tastest is to submit one time to MSN. They aren't quite as finicky as Google and Yahoo and they usually will index faster. I can usually find a new site of mine in about a week or two.
                        Discount Dental Plan

Comment

My nav is Text i think. I have a few buttens but they all have text in the nav part too. Msn has found my site but i don't know what the #'s meen so i'll just wait it out. I have been trying to do as you mentioned and looking and asked promition to use ariticals but noones E-mailed me back

Comment

Working...
                          X