Form mail....yikes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form mail....yikes...

Hello, need a little help oO. i set-up a simple form mail. when i publish and test it i get a list of questions...smtp server blah blah...is there a way make these answers pre-set values in the script? also, will people trying to use this form mail have to set this up everytime it is used? i fill out other form mails on different sites and don't have to input this data. this is all i know.

sure,i'll be happy to reply ;)...it seems that configuring gmail as your default email provider should do the trick..(being all knowing I know you use gmail). Since gmail is used by George Bush you will have to enable every security feature, change the ports, etc. this should take at least 1/2 hour. after that is done, pay no attention to the bluevoda video..since you are not using frontpage or dreamweaver (once again i read your mind) u will not want to use the multi form data option when setting encoding types in your form mail properties. just use text/plain for generic form mail giberish,,,otherwise you will be opening postdata.att files from your email. hope this helps!

Comment

o ya...and as for the rest of the poor suckers trying to send you a form mail, i will try to send you one myself from a different computer and see what happens. please stand by...drinking more coffee aws.

Comment

just as i sucpected....the poor sucker sitting next to me was sent into default email wizard land. hmm...gotta be a better way to not make your clients miserable when the wanna send a form mail. lemme look into it..

also i noticed that the font you chose when building your site was NOT the font which showed up on my computer when visiting your site. this may mean you need to junk the cool fonts because they are not loaded tt's in the computer of others...ill check that out also...brb.

Comment

Glad we could be of service!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X