Use of templates when building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of templates when building

I have recently decided to build websites for others and I am in the middle of building a new site to promote it. My question is, Is the use of templates a good idea while building for others, or for use on your own site?

Basically while building for others, what is your view on using templates?

Thanks for any help.

Regards Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Re: Use of templates when building

You and I have discussed this. However, I think you see a template differently than I do. I make my own template in BV and is what many here do. So, I'm using a template, but not purchasing one.

BV offers basic page layout templates - when I talk template, I have more in it - header area, footer area, nav area, how the page lays out - standard for all pages.

Purchasing a template can be an advantage OR disadvantage - as the template itself can cause you to lose some things you might want for design unless you want to start customizing it.

Templates are necessary for an e-commerce site that uses a catalog driven cart (at least I haven't found a way around them for that) - but most of the large professional sites have designers who build the "template" for that particular site as we build them in BV.

It really depends on what you want to do in building and whether you feel you can design your own templates.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: Use of templates when building

Personally, I think you should re-think your whole "new venture" before you get in over your head. (Don't want to be harsh, but need to say it)

Even with your personal "expertise" using Blue Voda, there is a vast difference between fiddling with a single site and entering into the realm of doing it professionally for others....especially if "squeaking around the fence to do it in VodaLand"....

It requires at least a minimal level of proven business acumen to pull it off, don't you think? And, the questions you are posing throughout VodaTalk indicate that you do not in fact have a Business Plan, or even a cognizant logistical outline to refine.......your plan to build websites for others using the freebie technologies that are available within the VodaHost Community without a foundational understanding of how to represent them properly should be an indication to you that you need to completely pencil out things and be prepared to follow through yourself -- without the aid or advice of others.

If you can't, then maybe it is a sign you shouldn't! You think??
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
      X