any feedback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any feedback?

in my mind I still have a little tweaking to do. not to keen on text at bottom but not sure why yet. also had store front image on the top & bottom of main text so many times I've lost all objectivity. banner stops after 4 times, thats me trying to strike a happy medium with movement. as I design the rest on paper I realize I'm going to need some drop down sub-menus as I need far more directions to go to to hit on all subjects (sorry am I rambling on here) anyway, what u think? please don't be nice I can take it.
    blue
    id.# 11961
    www.salondecaro.com

Re: any feedback?

Maybe you could correct the link? You did not include the .com
    www.EarningsCoach.com
    www.SmartMove.biz

Comment

Good start Blue,
      Some tips:
      -Center your pages.
      -Watch your page titles, you want to be found so write something about your business.
      -Try a different NavBar button, see which works to eliminate the square edges against the grey background.
      -Center that text at the bottom, might make it smaller too.
      -Your links don't work yet, still work in progress, when you do publish them don't open a new window, in page properties change from _blank to _self.
      -Not sure you need two NavBars, you're looking at prime space, use it wisely to capture users' attention.

Good luck.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Before you decide on dropdown menus, you might instead make the links text links and smaller - as the dropdown links won't be able to be read by the search engines. Just something to consider.

You have a good start.

When you do get the links working, make sure your internal links aren't opening new windows like they are now. :)
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

First thing I noticed: No Page Title or Key Words....you forgot to complete Page Properties!

Centering everything a must (page itself, text within blocks, etc.)

In your Ad-Rotator Header, the background colors do no match the header base (easy fix).

Bottom of page: add apostrophe to indicate possessive "Long Island's", and make text smaller font size so it fits as one line across.....better yet, drop it completely: why plead for a visit? In place of this line should be your Copyright and Privacy

Navigation: Adjust the width of your page to acommodate the button width, and if you might go further, try selecting a different button (more complimentary) and use that as well in your left-Menu.....keep continuity.

Back To Header: Were it me, I would reduce the ad-rotator to slide only once, and at the slowest speed for maximum effect and sophistication.....it is too cartoonish at this speed and repeated so many times. >> And, since everything else on your site is either square or rectangular, I would opt to re-do the salon pix in the header as to fit the header outline as rectangular as well to show better and without the distortion of edges so common in round and oval crops/shapes.

Again, center the phone numbers, make the font slightly smaller, and in the same font as the rest of your site....continuity and professional attention to detail, right?

And...I hope you can not be offended by this, but I really do not see the need to show a picture of the salon from the outside when what you see is mostly the parking lot??? It is also much bigger (thereby more important??) than the header shot of the interior, that it gives me the impression that your entire "pitch" is backwards: you keep trying to "invite" people in to your site/salon, rather than provide content/a reason for them to feel compelled to come in themselves.....You have a great page background with the scissors, but why not list some of the wonderful services and specialties you offer there, all linked to interior pages that describe them in more detail??
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

your feedback is wonderful and I thank you all. changes post-haste. I keep having this fustrating problem of text alignment from bluevoda to publish or even preview in browser. tried redoing text, moving back & forward, etc.. phone & main body especially, any idea why? its right where I want it until I view it else where

Comment

Hi, sorry to sound rude, but I actually thought it was a site for cars at a first glance, & the sales rep was walking over. Maybe nice to have some stronger hair related products, or image’s on the front page, & this image in the about us area. I know you have one in the top corner, but it’s not the clearest of images. (Sorry)
              With the text moving! Couple of things will help this, 1. On the text box, pull the blue handles out slightly. 2. Place the phone & numbers in the same text box. 3. If all else fails pop the text in a single table with no borders. (For some reason they seem to be more stable).
              Think a nice logo or just text at the top would be better. The head is one of the parts that the SE’s see & a few important words hear are a big help. If you use certain words like Salon, try to include hair & maybe beauty with it as salon has other meanings.
              Something like.
              Salon DeCaro
              Hair Salon & Beauty products

Not a very good example, (The forum is a bit limited with it fonts)
              But the good parts are! I like the colours & lay out & style.

Good luck.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

yeah i too thought it was a car lot :) no offense. i like the site with the nav buttons on top but not on side, maybe you can remove nav bar on side and replace with a hair care type product. this way people will be able to see its a hair styling/care place. just a thought.
                "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Yes, like Vasili said and everyone else. I like the color combo. With the changes you will have a very professional looking site. With Beth's help with the se, you'll do great! good luck.
                  www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

I've decided it would be easier to sell the salon & buy a car lot. only kidding! it's just since it was mentioned thats all I've been able to see also. This has turned out to be more of a time cruncher then I realized but it's turned into alot of fun. I appreciate & thank you for your help. Blue

Comment

Working...
                    X