Re-loading page headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-loading page headers?

Is there a way to avoid that my logo and menubar (that always looks the same) has to be loaded each time a new page is displyed? It slows down performance. Have a look at www.snickis.se (it's in Swedish but I don't think that metters)
    Thanks,
    Mats
    Mats Tegnér
    Snickis.se

Re: Re-loading page headers?

It seems to be loading fine. There is a slight delay on the header area, but all the images seemed to be quite small in KB. You could maybe push the photo images a little smaller in KB, but I would watch for quality loss.
    The only way you might get round having the top & menu bar stay static after the 1st load is to put the rest of all your pages in an ifram. I personally think this looks a lot neater for loading. But the SE’s wont like you very much. (So not a good idea).
    Must admit I had your header & menu bar not come up at all on a couple of pages, but they did after a refresh.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Other than an I-frame - you could make your site using php this way:
      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ge-bv-php.html
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for your input. Since I'm done with the site, I might as well stay with what I have. For the next one I will use the trick from Navaldesign that would definitly ease up things. In any case, it has been a great journey building this site from scratch and with no prior knowledge.
        I'll be back.
        Mats
        Mats Tegnér
        Snickis.se

Comment

Beth, I was checking your site A child´s place and I see that you have the same "problem" in that you links to the left is updated each time you click on something. Is this a BV issue or a general "browser" issue. I know there are plenty of sites where this doens't happen.
          Mats
          Mats Tegnér
          Snickis.se

Comment

Working...
          X