installing new templete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing new templete

okay, I have uploaded the template that I want upteen times but it is a file folder and it will not go into wp-content file folder. I don't have an obvious wp-content/template folder that I can find in ftp. However it shows up in the software where the default template is. How can I get my chosen template, Jakarta, into the wordpress software as a file folder and displayed so that I can use it as my wordpress template? Please speak very sloooowly and in simple words. I know I can do this! Thank you masters.
    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Re: installing new templete

http://wordpress.org/

Theres documentation there. Also a forum there. I suggest reading the material available BEFORE asking. Then doing a search on the forum for customizing and or UPLOADING templates.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have read it all and have tried the forum. I have gone as far as I can go to my understanding. That is why I am asking for help. It says to upload the template in w-content/template. I can't find that file. My template is a file in itself. I don't understand any further than this. That's for your help though.
      www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

How are you trying to upload it?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I am using BV ftp and it is uploaded. I see it on the right side of ftp. The thing is, as I understand it, that both the template and the wp-contemt/ are files. You can't put a file into a file. I am stumped. It is probably something simple but I am not familiar with this type of thing. And I can't find the file wp-content/template. Even if I did, I couldn't put the template into it could I?
          www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

wp-content/themes, not templates.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
            X