Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding to a php script

Hi,

I have a php script index.php attached of which I tried to edit by placing the following text......

"Welcome to the Colleen Bawn Fine Foods Online Store. Please feel free to browse. Colleen Bawn Fine Foods, formerly Captain Jacks of Boston accept cheques, postal orders and credit cards. Credit card payments are made through Paypals secured site for your protection. All cheques & Postal Orders should be made out to Colleen Bawn Fine Foods and sent to....Boston & Limerick Coffee Roasting Co., C/O Cross Refridgeration Ltd., Roxboro Shopping Centre, Limerick, Ireland."

into the script after the TEXT_MAIN and in between the ' ' within the script but when I uploaded the script in FTP the oscommerce template site has disappeared.

I have attached the script and would greatly appreciate if you would look at it and tell me where I went wrong and exactly where to add so as to edit.

Thanks,
    Liam

Re: adding to a php script

oscommerce template located at www.colleenbawn.com/store

Comment

You probably have a permissions issue. Please send me your loggin details for this account.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
        You probably have a permissions issue. Please send me your loggin details for this account.
        sent details to your e-mail address

Comment

Liam,

the file that you have sent me has NOTHING to do with the "index.php" of OSCommerce. Indded, this is one of the included files, that defines titles and looks to see what categories or subcategories exist.

Now, i have replaced it with the original OSC index page, and your site is up and running. I have also kept a backup of the file, in case you would need it. What i don't know (however i think it this is not the case) is whether the customization work that you have already done, affects this file also (index.php) but i think not.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval Design....All is as I had it before I tried to edit the index.php.

If I wish to edit this front page of store do I edit index.php that can be found on the ftp manager of website? or do I edit something else?

Comment

I really have no experience with OSC Liam. However, i beleive it is something in the "includes" folder or, i beleive, should be something to do directly from your administration area. OSC authors don't expect users to know anything about file editing, so there should be some kind of cusomization feature in your admin area.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Yes.....thanks again for all your help....you are a life saviour and definitly my hero at this moment.

Hope I didn't bother you too much or distract you from your own work.

I promise that when I am purchasing a boat that I will get you to design me one. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by bevilleliam
                  Yes.....thanks again for all your help....you are a life saviour and definitly my hero at this moment.

Hope I didn't bother you too much or distract you from your own work.

I promise that when I am purchasing a boat that I will get you to design me one. LOL.
                  ! ! !
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                    Liam,

the file that you have sent me has NOTHING to do with the "index.php" of OSCommerce. Indded, this is one of the included files, that defines titles and looks to see what categories or subcategories exist.

Now, i have replaced it with the original OSC index page, and your site is up and running. I have also kept a backup of the file, in case you would need it. What i don't know (however i think it this is not the case) is whether the customization work that you have already done, affects this file also (index.php) but i think not.
                    Hi Naval Design,

That back up you mention.Have you still got it as I have been editing the exact same php script and lo and behold I have done the same thing......thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X