How do I sell me Ebook on my site??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I sell me Ebook on my site??

I have an ebook (Actually multiple ebooks and products) I would like to sell on my site. I have an account with paypal already.
    I am using BV.
    My question is
    How can someone Pay for the ebook then immediately receive it?
    The only way I know is, that if they pay, then once I check my email and paypal notifies me that someone has paid, then must email them the pdf. However this method, the customer does not receive their book immediately.

Is their a better more automated secure way?
    PLEASE HELP ME!!
    MANY THANKS!!
    Live :)

Re: How do I sell me Ebook on my site??

It can be done thanks to PayPal's Data Transfe System. Practically, this means that after payment, there is a transmission of the payment info from their site to yours. If, the landing page on your site, has the appropriate script in it, it can send an email to the customer, containing the link to the ebook.
    However, this will also require a database for the customer's details, that will also contain the ebook file, so that noone can download it without going through the process.

If you are interested, contact me.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks a lot! I sent you an email in your from. I was really hoping that Paypal just did it and supplied everything..but I guess they don't? Anyway, I hope to hear from you shortly.

Comment

A simple method, is to demonstrate your product...

supply a paypal "buy now" button which takes them to pay.

when, and only when they have paid......

paypal returns them to your return page which only you know that exists
        (paypal sends you a confirmation of payment)

they are thanked at your website and then allowed to download your ebook.

If they cancel before paying then they are returned to one of your
        normal pages.

Simple, but it works....its all in the flow..........
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

So when you say make a page that ONLY I know..do you mean something that has a lot of B.S letters? For example. www.livead.biz/12hoideoadkf334r??

Comment

Your return page from paypal can be called whatever you like, just dont make it obvious and dont have a public link to that page....only you (and paypal) should know that link...........
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Comment

Hmm.. Yes. It can be done. But , i have seen NOT ONE shopping cart that will do it this way. They either prefer to process orders manually, after payment confirmation, OR do it with the Data Transfer System.

And SE will, sooner or later, discover the page, even if there are no links to it. They have found pages on my site that they were never supposed to be discovered.

Just my opinion...
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Shopping carts are not usually required for an ebook, so simple is best.

One should also change the return page every so often to stop friends of the person who originally paid from downloading for free..............

But, like the stars, there are many different ways of doing things........
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Comment

Well,in my opinion, friends of the original buyer are not a problem: they can get it directly from their friend.

I beleive that if one expects to have many buyers, the whole procedure should be automated. The info of the client kept in a database, both for marketing (other books) as well as for assistance purposes (if a client has a corrupted file or a broken computer may ask again for the download) .

And ofcourse, when i refered to the shopping cart, i didn't mean that this has to be done through a shopping cart: i simply said that this is not a solution that shopping cart creators prefer, though it would be much easier for them.

Anyway, that's the way i would do it: have a script in my return page, that can read PayPal's feedback, and if it gets confirmation of the payment, it would display the download link on the page (or even better, it would retreive a TEMPORARY, only valid for that client, download link from a database).

Please remember that PayPal also accepts offline payments, which means that the visitor lands to the return page even if his payment has not yet been received actually. In that case the IPN lets the seller know that the customer has paid (theoretically) but actual payment will be confirmed uppon reception. But PayPal already redirects him to the return page.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                  X