Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use Of Text Boxes

ID 11585 mortonnotes.
    Please note that I have looked at the tutorials that appear to have relevance to my problem. I have got into page properties and set some properties.
    I have copied and transfered a set of my notes on lawn bowls in Word form. All the material comes out on the left of my screen. I have put a set of text box handles around my first heading and managed to get one word "Summary" into the centre of the page. When I tried to centre it, I had some success. But in trying something else to centre it - using layout I think it disappeared.
    Question 1 What did I do to make it disappear?
    I then went to the first paragraph of my notes and got it to take up the whole of the page or most of it by the use of the text box handles.
    Question 2. How do I set the margins so that when I move each paragraph they will each have the same width - at the left and the right side of my page?
    Next I tried to move my second paragraph and when scrolling down carefully a bit at a time I could see only a blank page. (Later after fiddling around, I had two blank pages.) When I did get to some of my original material I could only see the bottom part of my original paragraph. The text box handles only showed the bottom three or sometimes the bottom three and the middle three but not the top three. I could not find a way to make the paragraph wide and to fit in with the usual look of paragraphs on a page. I could not find a way of moving up my page one line at a time so that I could see all of a partocular paragraph. Note I have the dots on the page - I think guide dots but they do not appear relevant to my problem.
    Question 3 What do I do to overcome this problem?
    In addition, I believe that some of my paragraphs have disappeared.
    Question 4 What have I done to make some paragraphs disappear - or apparently disappear.
    I look forward to some help.

Re: Use Of Text Boxes

Bill,
    First, one text box can't both center and align any other way. So, you need to follow the information I emailed you. I would have been happy to have emailed it in detailed form and asked if you wanted that - you never responded - and now here we are - asking all the questions you wouldn't have needed.

So, if you look at the page I did - first element is a text box - you put it with the width the width of the entire page text (even tho this will be a centered title) then you copy and paste your title in and it will already be centered because the element will read the coding you have there. If it's not, or you want to change it - or bold it or underline or take away bold or underline, etc - you use the icons on the top of the page (very similar to the icons you find in word.)

Now, you go to all the next text that you have aligned justified. You put in a NEW text box underneat the first one. Make the box the same width as the first. Double click on it and paste in all the text up to the next part on the page that is not changing - so all the justified text - paste it in - and voila - it will be there exactly as you did it - underlinings, justified text etc. If you want to change any of it - again, use the icons at the top for justify, right or left align, bold, underline, etc - the same type icons you used in word.

Question 2 - If you make all the text boxes the same width, all your text will be the same. If you are putting in your text via html of the word document instead of pasting and copying it as is, you'll have lots of extra space and problems - that is what I first showed you and explained wouldn't work.

Can't answer the disappearing paragraphs without seeing it. But I could, if you'd like - send you the page I did so you can open it in BV and see exactly what I did.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: Use Of Text Boxes

Apparently we have a failure to communicate. I expected you to email the detailed approach that you took to re-arranging my notes. Apparently you expected me to ask for it. Could you email the details in a detailed form that you mention
      First, one text box can't both center and align any other way.
      I do not understand what this sentence means. Perhaps your detailed notes will make it clear.
      So, if you look at the page I did - first element is a text box - you put it with the width the width of the entire page text (even tho this will be a centered title) then you copy and paste your title in and it will already be centered because the element will read the coding you have there.
      I do not understand this material, but - again - I hope that your detailed notes will make it clear.
      If it's not, or you want to change it - or bold it or underline or take away bold or underline, etc - you use the icons on the top of the page (very similar to the icons you find in word.) I understand this part and believe i can carry it out - I hope
      Now, you go to all the next text that you have aligned justified. You put in a NEW text box underneat the first one. Make the box the same width as the first. Double click on it and paste in all the text up to the next part on the page that is not changing - so all the justified text - paste it in - and voila - it will be there exactly as you did it - underlinings, justified text etc. If you want to change any of it - again, use the icons at the top for justify, right or left align, bold, underline, etc - the same type icons you used in word. I do not feel I understand this whole approach. It sounds as if I cannot start from what I have pasted into the document and start rearranging it.
      Question 1 Am I correct in my above surmise?

Question 2 - If you make all the text boxes the same width, all your text will be the same. If you are putting in your text via html of the word document instead of pasting and copying it as is, you'll have lots of extra space and problems - that is what I first showed you and explained wouldn't work. Sorry I do not understand this paragraph.
      Question 2 How do I make all the text boxes the same width?
      Question 3. I made one text box and copied the whole of a set of notes into that text box. Perhaps your words above mean that I have to make a text box and then copy and paste (say) one of my paragraphs from my notes. Since some of my notes have over 100 paragraphs, this approach will take a lot of work. Perhaps you make this point when you talk about
      "lots of extra space and problems".
      Can't answer the disappearing paragraphs without seeing it. But I could, if you'd like - send you the page I did so you can open it in BV and see exactly what I did. I would appreciate if you would do so.
      Sorry to give "everyone" all this trouble.
      I hope I get some few points for at least trying - as well as rating as "trying" to some forum members.

Comment

Working...
      X