Tip for using WideXL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip for using WideXL

Here is a tip for using the WideXL tool....

On top of the stuff at the MetaTag Analyzer page, this is something that I have been playing with and I have found to be very helpful...once I figured it all out.....

Towards the bottom third of the page, under "Keywords found on page" there are three columns of words that are found on your site and how many times each word appears and what the keyword density is. Like much of the Widexl Tools, there isn't much in the way of explanations so this is something I have played with that has given me STELLAR results....

Column 1 is each word displayed individually. Basically the top 1-7words in this column are the ones that will define to a search engine the "topic" of your page copy is.

Column 2 is the most common two word phrases and how many times they appear on your page. This helps narrow the focus for the search engine about what your page is about....

Column 3 is the most common 3 word phrases and how many times they appear on your page. The top 1-3 phrases here are what the search engine sees your site being the most relevant to.

I have played with my page copy and been able to have my top three keywords all come up at the top of each of the three columns in the proper order and now my results for each term are starting to really rock.

*** A word of caution*** Keep your text on your page so that it reads naturally...remember that we are writing for humans to read FIRST, not robots.

Keep your keyword density under roughly 7% for single words (mine is at 5.38% here)

Keep your keyword density under roughly 4% for two word phrases (mine is at 3.1% here)

Keep your keyword density roughly under 2% for your three word phrases (mine is .67% here)

The above percentages are estimates and a starting point. If you have too high of a keyword density your page will get penalized by the search engines for keyword stuffing or keyword spamming. I have been told that there is no majic number for jeyword density but to never go any higher than 8% for any keyword. Do this while keeping your page copy read well, and while trying to achieve 100% relevancy for titles, meta tags and descriptions and you should be able to start seeing some fairly significant improvments.

On my site I went from literally "nowhere" to #8 on MSN for my top keyword phrase by doing this...well, this and a bunch of other stuff...but hey! this is pretty cool!
    Affordable Medical Insurance
    Discount Dental Plan
    Washington State Health Insurance
    Temporary Health Insurance
    Homeowner Insurance Quote

Re: Tip for using WideXL

Thanks for this info! I started playing with it and am getting the density to increase slowly but keeping the relevancy ratings at 100%. Thank you. First website!

ragamuffin

Comment

Re: Tip for using WideXL

I haven't gone above 2% density on any keywords because I heard above 2% you got penalized. Nice to hear that you've gone higher and that the results are working for ya.
      Best Regards,
      Alex
      Surveillance Systems
      Restaurant POS | Retail POS
      Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Working...
      X