aligning page problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aligning page problem

Hopefully someone can give me a ‘quick fix’ solution to help me align my front page.

My website is - www.midgetracingnews.com

Like many on the forum, I’m new to all this and have been ‘playing around’ with BlueVoda for just over a week now.

If you click onto my website you will see that on the HOME (Index) page that the page opens at more than 800 and a scroll bar appears at the bottom of the page.

This is the only page on the site where this happens.

I have tried to fix this problem by right clicking on the page, clicking Page Properties, Setting the Page Width to 800 and then clicking – Center in Browser, but that doesn’t seem to work.

I have also clicked on LayoutCenter of Page – but that makes no difference. Also in the Layout tab I have checked to make sure that in the Guide Settings that the page width is set to 800.

I have a blank ‘clone page’ that I use to post new stories on. Like, for example what is on my front page when you click on FULL STORY a page will open with the story on it. The ‘clone pages’ all work well and I don’t seem to have that scolling problem on any of them.

As a ‘last resort’ I opened a clone page and pasted everything from the HOME (Index) page onto it, hoping that that might fix the problem, but it hasn’t. The HOME page still wants to open with a scroll bar at the bottom of the page.

Can someone suggest something I might try to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Re: aligning page problem

You have a really nice site ....

The link to the newzealand page is broken, I believe you have left the e out of zealand ... (not from all pages, but from a few or more)

Something is throwing your main page out of whack, is it an image somewhere over to the right, or a text box without anything in it?

Try playing around with it, removing things and seeing if something is hidden underneath ... failing that, redo the page .... I had to do this with one of my pages recently, could not find what it was ... was easier to just do that ....

Very ice site ... I'm a fan of black and red for sure!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks LadyEye.

You have steered me in the right direction for me to fix the problem and, best of all, without having rebuild the front page, again!

The problem was with one of the story headers on the front page hanging out to the right of the page. The problem was found by going into edit the page, clicking on Edit – Select All. This then showed that there was something hanging to the right of the page.

You did say that some of the newzealand links don’t work and that it seems the e in zealand might be missing? They seem to be okay with me, can you let me know if there is a problem and exactly where the problem is with the new zealand link(s).

Huge thanks!,

Mike

Comment

You're welcome, glad you have it sorted .... here is what I discovered

When I am on the for sale page and I go to new zealand ....

From the links page when you go to new zealand

From the contact page when you go to new zealand

From the champions page """""""""""

From the schedules page " " " " "

From the usa page " " "

From Australia page " " "

From photos page " " "

All pages except the Home page and the New Zealand page itself ....

All missing the e .....

So if you open up all of the above pages with your site builder, then check the typing of the url for the new zealand link, you should notice the e missing .... just slide it in and republish .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks again LadyEye.

I have fixed that 'New Zealand problem'. Living there (here) I should know how to spell Zealand!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X