Uploading MySQL Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading MySQL Database

I have just FTP'd my entire CMS site to my public_html folder. Now I need to upload my already existing MySQL database that resides on my local computer to my folders and then make sure my site points to my database and also make sure that all my files are configured to work on my webhosting. Since everything was setup to run from C:\Wamp\www\xxx\index.php, I need to make sure that everything is set up correctly. Right now I only have one database to upload for this site. Can you give me some detailed instructions on how to set this all up, or point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Charles

Originally posted by charlwillia6
    I have just FTP'd my entire CMS site to my public_html folder. Now I need to upload my already existing MySQL database that resides on my local computer to my folders and then make sure my site points to my database and also make sure that all my files are configured to work on my webhosting. Since everything was setup to run from C:\Wamp\www\xxx\index.php, I need to make sure that everything is set up correctly. Right now I only have one database to upload for this site. Can you give me some detailed instructions on how to set this all up, or point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Charles
    Well, I have tried to just add a new database and then upload the sql textfile I exported through phpmyadmin on my local computer here. But I get an error everytime I try to get the database to query the txt file. I get the following from phpmyadmin:

MySQL said:
    #1064- You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'collate latinl_general_ci NOT NULL default 'banner', 'name'

So, first of all, I am not sure I am even doing this right. Isn't there an easier way to upload a full database that I already have on my computer?

Second of all, if this is the right way, I need to know and have someone help me get past the errors here, because it will not load my tables. Thanks in advance.

Charles

Comment

Instead of Waiting...

I decided to just do a fresh install of my CMS and I built a database in the MySQL manager before hand. I figure I can just reinstall all my add-ons to my site. However, I would like to know more about moving sites and databases over from your local development platform (PC at Home), to the webhost. I did not ever get my MySQL database to be accepted and there was way too much configuration within the php files for me to feel confortable with it.

Thanks.

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
        X