Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

omg..i dont want to show any one..but I GUESS I MUST!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omg..i dont want to show any one..but I GUESS I MUST!

WELL THIS IS IT..the homepage look..what do you think? is it ****? stupid? I like to hear what you have to say..whats good what's bad...I'll return the fav (if you like)!
    THANK YOU!!

Re: omg..i dont want to show any one..but I GUESS I MUST!

I forgot to put the link!!

Comment

Hi Live
      Dont be so worried, youve made a great start it looks good..only thing that hit me and in my opinion one of the most important things when building any website is...sideways scrolling..most people do not like to have to scroll sideways and will most likely click off your site because of it...but the good news is , its easy fixable :o)

Follow the link below set your page properties and centre in browser, the lengh of the page is not such a pain as people dont mind scrolling up n down....nice work tho ...well done.
      Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Hi Live... I agree with Linda! A great start to your site... but the sideways scrolling is a big turn off to a lot of people. I will scroll down forever if I am interested in the site but will drop it in a heartbeat if I have to scroll sideways.
        Good luck
        Naturally Yours,
        Dori
        www.earthelixirs.com
        www.earthelixirsinc.com
        www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
        www.virtualdesigndiva.com
        www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Interesting, good concept.
          -Ditto Linda's comments on centering.
          -The NavBAr is somewhat hidden. Consider relocating it.
          -The spacing for "Six Facts....Today!" is not even. Same for the Profile & Services box so looks a bit sloppy.

Good luck !
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Good start....The Site Pal is pretty cool but his nose bothers me.....I know that is nitpicking but what the others have already said didn't need to be said again...
            Affordable Medical Insurance
            Discount Dental Plan
            Washington State Health Insurance
            Temporary Health Insurance
            Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Hi, certainly different. Could maybe get a little bit more universal feel for all pages, in that the menu is common through out & a certain amount of uniformity. It will make life easy for visitors going through your site.
              Only an idea! But maybe make a template that would be good for all pages. This is one that I use on my site.

And once you have made it you can just keep cloning it for any extra pages & fill in the white parts.
              But certainly a novel idea.
              Where did you get the voice animation as it seems better quality than http://www.sitepal.com/

Good luck.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi there

I cant actually add anymore than everyone else has to be honest. Keep up the good work!

Teri

Comment

I just rechecked your site and it has improved tremendously already!
                  Keep up the good work.
                  Do you have more manly looking lips for your guy? Not a big deal but it looks like he is wearing lipstick. LOL
                  Naturally Yours,
                  Dori
                  www.earthelixirs.com
                  www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

I have a couple of things. I agree about the scrolling and navigation, which is missing totally from your quote page. While you have a contact page which generates an email, you have NO information or visible means of contact other than that which will not bring you savvy customers. They want names, numbers, real location, and a visible email address.

Who actually does all this work? Nothing there about that, is it all software generated? etc. Hope this gives you some ideas.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Excellent tips Karen... many I can take to heart myself.
                      Naturally Yours,
                      Dori
                      www.earthelixirs.com
                      www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

hi, like your site, like the concept, even like the sitepal although I used another audio tool myself.

what I don't like... the site pals freaky pierceing blue eyes.
                        also, site pal has some issues regarding flow and pausing. maybe you could go ahead and have the professional recording done by sitepal? if I recall the price is reasonable.

I did not leave the first page so I cannot tell you more than first impressions but the site seems layed out pretty well.

I did notice a spelling error on one of your headlines.

As mentioned above, who and where you are are some of the most important topics on a single service site. If you want me to write you a check you need to identify yourself and make me trust that it there is an issue it can be handled one on one.
                        www.EarningsCoach.com
                        www.SmartMove.biz

Comment

Wow! This is GREAT FEEDBACK GUYS!! Thank you soo much!!!
                          I have taken everything into account and I’m trying my best to fix it all up.
                          Yes, the eyes are blue..I always wanted blue eyes ;)

Collectors –info, the voice is my me.

As I am on a budget I have to work with what I have. I hope in the nearer future I can get to the studio and do a professional recording.

Most of the comments were regarding the left to right scroll bar. That’s fixed.
                          Also, the lay out has changed since I posted my first “OMG!”

I think it’s much cleaner now. But hey, I’m not here to tell you want I think..i’m here for you to tell me!
                          Thanks again. You are all very kind. I hope that I can return the favor somehow.

Comment

Working...
                          X