Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop and Photoshop Elements

Can anyone tell me this:
    On a practical level, what is the difference between Adobe's Photoshop and Adobe Photoshop Elements?
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Re: Photoshop and Photoshop Elements

Photoshop is a full figured program that does many, many things. You can manipulate images and text. The elements program is a much less program and it still works with photos but you can't manipulate them. I think that's the difference.
    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Well, I did a search and without reading too much - I imagine Photoshop CS2 does a lot more - as it costs around $500

Elements - about $89
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

can i uesd my own templates in voda?

Comment

Thanks you guys.
          I knew the $ difference was huge, but I think what I wanted to know, and didn't clearly ask, was if the 'whole enchilada' is fluffed wiht lots of bells and whistles that I might have elsewhere.

I was having some trouble knowing exactly what I want. (sound familiar to anyone? lol)

I THINK what I want is this:

I want to be able to draw, play with colors, add images or parts of images, and maybe have a go at animating things. And I don't want to have to know much complicated stuff to do that. I mean, I'm not totally inept, and I am willing to learn, but I don't want to have to hurt myself to play, know what I mean?

Any suggestions?
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Originally posted by larazovich
            Thanks you guys.
            I knew the $ difference was huge, but I think what I wanted to know, and didn't clearly ask, was if the 'whole enchilada' is fluffed wiht lots of bells and whistles that I might have elsewhere.

I was having some trouble knowing exactly what I want. (sound familiar to anyone? lol)

I THINK what I want is this:

I want to be able to draw, play with colors, add images or parts of images, and maybe have a go at animating things. And I don't want to have to know much complicated stuff to do that. I mean, I'm not totally inept, and I am willing to learn, but I don't want to have to hurt myself to play, know what I mean?

Any suggestions?

lol Liz .... you are too funny .........

remind me to email you tomorrow or so and I'll get you pointed in the right direction .... and you won't be needing to spend that kind of money and it won't hurt ... lol

so tomorrow okay ............... or you can email me ... either or ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

excellent, will do.
              Thanks
              Liz
              www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

For something to "start" you off, have a look at Ulead Photo Express. I cant remember if you can do anything with animation in there, but I started to use that before I moved on to Photoshop. Its a good little programme. Hope you find what you are looking for!

Regards
                Teri

Comment

Thanks Teri.
                  Lady started me out with some great suggestions, lots to read, very helpful. I have a couple of good photo editing programs and can move easily through them - have adobe photoshop elements which came bundled with a graphire pad, and Ulead photo express too, and of course Picasa, which is the most userfriendly of all, though limited in terms of bells and whistles, is free download and has served me very well-have shared with tons of people..)
                  Am reading more about how graphics are made. And am trying Jasco Animation Shop3.
                  'phew' busy...
                  Will let you know what ends up being best for a slightly dim bulb,,,lol
                  Liz
                  www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

I just got Jasc Animation shop (free trial) and havent even tried it out lol. Good luck!!

Regards
                    Teri

Comment

good luck to you too, let us all know what you think, and I will too.
                      Liz
                      www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Well I use Photoshop CS2, and I never heard of the other one. But if your looking to buy I really suggest Photoshop CS2 because it is a very good program with lots of features. You can do pratically anything with it!

Comment

Hi LadyEye,

I read your post re:Photoshop.

I have recently purchased CS2 and now would like to know if ti is necessary to go to an additional expense if I am going to create a flash site.

I hear FLASH 9 is the route to go but are there other options that will do the same thing without the expense and huge learning curve.

Regards
                          ROb (SA)
                          Kind Regards
                          Rob
                          www.gnjgf.co.za
                          www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Here is an update of what I have discovered thus far:
                            I have Photoshop Elements, Paint.net, Jasco Animation Shop, and BMG (Beneton Movie Gif.),
                            My goal in the beginning was
                            1. to learn to make simple and then more complex animations
                            2. to animate portions of photographs
                            3. to merge photographs or parts of photographs with other photographs or other animations

And, I was looking for the most simple program to do that, the most user friendly one that didn't require knowledge too far where I am, which is just slightly above 'stome and chisel' ...

After messing around with the programs listed above, and a couple of others, here is what I think.

For drawing things, and putting together frames for animated gif files, for touching up photos on a pixel level, paint.net is a hands down winner. Great program, and I see there is a recommendation and lots of kudos on another thread for this.

For animations, both the Animation Shop and BMG are pretty easy, and both are user friendly. The 'help' associated with both isn't great, but it only took a few trial and error attempts to find out what I wanted to know.

Here is another recommendation, although I didn't start out investigating this. For general photo handling, organization, and most editing needs (up to repair, where you might want to manipulate or remove middle parts of a photo - use paint.net for this) I am definately sold on Picasa.

These programs: Picasa, BMG, and Paint.net are all FREE downloads, adn I find it slightly ironic thatlike them more than some others that I purchased, and will now gather dust..

Thanks to all who added their 2 cents about this, and in particular LadyEye, who gave me lots of ideas about what to investigate..
                            Enjoy.
                            Liz
                            www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Hi Liz,

Thanks so much for the detailed reply.

would you perhaps be able to help a little futher and provide me with some links that I may find these downloads.

Regards
                              Rob
                              Kind Regards
                              Rob
                              www.gnjgf.co.za
                              www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Working...
                              X