Text Wrap & Vertical lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text Wrap & Vertical lines?

Hi, I'm relatively new and am still experimenting with the BV software and have two more questions if anyone can help with please?

1. What is the simplest way to wrap text around an image because they (text & images) are seperate elements in designing pages using bv. When I move an image it just covers the text - can I make it automatically wrap like in Word?

2. The toolbar has a horozontal line feature but I have yet to find out how to do a vertical line. Come to think of it I don't think horozontal lines can be edited to make thinner/fatter, different colours etc; or can they?

Thanks in advance,
    www.punchardrenovation.com
    www.direct2view.com
    client ID 10225

Re: Text Wrap & Vertical lines?

To wrap it you'll need to insert the text and picture using a table and the html box. You can do it yourself by inserting separate text elements around the image, though.

Yes, horizontal lines can be edited - right click on them. To do a vertical line, use the shape feature.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

No lines cannot be edited as thickness is concerned. But you can use the shape tool, and insrt a rectangle, then make it wide as much as you want. Use the same trick for vertical lines as Beth suggested.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval,
        I beg to differ, as I have lines that I do make thicker - it gives you the option of Line Size - you input the height in pixels.

I just had to go look :) as I use both lines and shapes so much, I thought I'd gone insane.

So nice to know I'm not the only one who makes mistakes :) I'm in pretty good company here.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks folks!

I can confirm that the pixel trick in horozontal lines works a treat for editing thickness, etc . And thank you also for the shapes trick for vertical lines.
          So easy when you know how isn't it?

I really must get on and get some content on my site and stop playing with all the toys in bv now!
          www.punchardrenovation.com
          www.direct2view.com
          client ID 10225

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
            Naval,
            I beg to differ, as I have lines that I do make thicker - it gives you the option of Line Size - you input the height in pixels.

I just had to go look :) as I use both lines and shapes so much, I thought I'd gone insane.

So nice to know I'm not the only one who makes mistakes :) I'm in pretty
            good company here.
            Well, i always learn as i get older ! Thanks Beth!
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X