Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best program to use for creating graphics and banners for websites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best program to use for creating graphics and banners for websites?

I will hopefully soon be building websites for others, this will be friends and local businesses to begin with until I feel more confident with it. My question is which is the best program out there to help create great banners and graphics for websites.

I hope to give some a professional look and was advsied to buy a program like adobe paintshop. I would also like it to be easy enough to grasp, I am pretty patient and eventually do pick things up. Putting those elements together, could anyone suggest a particular program that would be best suited before I spend my money?

As usual thanks for any advice.

Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Re: What is the best program to use for creating graphics and banners for websites?

Too name a few:
    -Paint.Net; PhotoDraw; PhotoShop; MSN Paint; PaintShop; Dreamweaver; Corel, Illustrator.

There are many programs out there, do a search and read about several options at cnet.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Re: What is the best program to use for creating graphics and banners for websites?

I agree with Bill. The most important thing is you pick a program that you can comfortably use. If you can find anywhere to try some of them out and find out which works well for you - go for it. I have only used it a few times, but paint.net (which you can find here) is a free download. Why don't you try it first - many like it.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by karel
        I will hopefully soon be building websites for others, this will be friends and local businesses to begin with until I feel more confident with it. My question is which is the best program out there to help create great banners and graphics for websites.

I hope to give some a professional look and was advsied to buy a program like adobe paintshop. I would also like it to be easy enough to grasp, I am pretty patient and eventually do pick things up. Putting those elements together, could anyone suggest a particular program that would be best suited before I spend my money?

As usual thanks for any advice.

Paul
        Hello.

You will not be able to create a good looking banner / graphic design without knowing how to use the software first.

The best ones out there would be Macromedia Fireworks or Adobe Photoshop which will cost you more than 1000$ ... so what you can do is get the 31 day free trial and make everything you need, then when it expires, you can decide to buy it, or get a free program ...

If you need any help learning how to use them, let me know!
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I did download the free trial for adobe photo shop and it was a bit complicated, I will keep playing with it. There are some helpful dvds out there for sale on how to use them.

I just wanted peoples opinion on what they thought would be suitable for someone starting out. So thanks for the advice and I totally understand Jeremy the hard part is getting used to them, but I am always willing to push myself and thanks for the offer of help if I get stuck.

Beth I will try that free program to begin with...Cheers.

Paul
          www.anxietynomore.co.uk
          The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
          Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
          Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

I use paint shop pro and adobe cs2. Paint shop is by far EASIER and with some practice you can make some EXCELLENT graphics. I know cuz I do it all the time. They all require some use to get familiar, but theres almost nothing I cant get done with paint shop that i can do with adobephoto, cs2 or fireworks.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

click the below....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X