woohooo it is done - almost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woohooo it is done - almost

please have a quick look..i still don't know how to change the links to mouse over look.

Passion Floral is a full service florist located in Burnaby. This Burnaby flower shop offers fresh cut flowers, arrangements, and plants. Same day delivery is also available. Some of the flowers we carry include, roses, lilies, gerberas, orchids, hydrangeas, and other seasonal flowers. Burnaby

Re: woohooo it is done - almost

Hi buddysmom
    The front page looks great (love the ornamental kale!). Very nice feel and colors!
    Set your page width to a little smaller so it looks great for different browsers, on all your pages.
    You need to center your About Us page.
    Check the tutorial for the menu bar and it will show you how to do it.
    Good luck
    Naturally Yours,
    Dori
    www.earthelixirs.com
    www.earthelixirsinc.com
    www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
    www.virtualdesigndiva.com
    www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Hi, nice colors & layout. Ditto with above. Need to get the thumbnail image size down a lot; it will take ages to load if a visitor is on dial up. Should still look very nice at 20-30kb each max & link to the larger ones at 60-150 kb each.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

You site is almost all pictures - which is good for it - but at first glance I don't know if you sell or not - and therefore, might not stay around. You need to make sure that when someone lands on your page - they know that those are arrangements they can buy - not pretty pictures by an artist!

Also - when I got to the page that does have text, I see all kinds of information on who you're next to. It's nice to give out good directions, but they don't even include an address and you have all that before you say who you are and why we should want to be here.

When you do get to that, you mention that I can order -but again, there is no way to do so - no phone number, no address - Yes, it's on the contact page, but for your type of business, it really needs to be on every page. A footer would be good. But also, anywhere you mention call us or contact us - link that information to your contact page so they can easily do it.

You change where the navigation is on each page. That makes travelling around the site somewhat difficult even though you only have a few pages. And you don't even allow us to get to every page from every page. IE, if I go to the contact page, you no longer have a way to the about us page. I'd like to see the navigation standard on all pages and including all pages.

You need page titles and page descriptions. You don't really need meta keywords - but you did fill them in - however you did them incorrectly. You're better off having none than to do them wrong - as the idea is that the meta keywords are the important words ON THE PAGE. Since none of them are on the page - they must not be important.

Your home page needs some text. Not a lot - maybe 150-250 words - using your keywords - telling the visitor that they landed on the site they want to be on - in other words, yes, telling me you sell flowers and floral arrangements and deliver them.

Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous and all of them need alt tags.

You've got a great start - but need to do a bit of tweaking.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Wow, Bethers says it all...and she is constantly right in what she says. I don't know but to me the images of the paintings or whatever on the home page seem not to be as clear as they could be. The site downloaded fine until the images and then slowed to where I moved on the the " Our Works" which loaded faster and the images were clearer. Almost is the operative word.
          Choco777
          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Bethers, if I only learn 1/10 of what you know I will be ecstatic...
            I have a question on alt tags so I will start a new thread...
            Naturally Yours,
            Dori
            www.earthelixirs.com
            www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

I don't know how she types so fast and gets all of the info out there but she does and we all benefit from her knowledge and willingness to help.....

I was going over your site and making some notes and then I saw what Bethers had typed......I just erased my response.....Ditto what she said....

Bethers is right again...

We need to come up with a different nickname for her.....something easy and catchy..........How about this one

Speedytyperknowsstuffwedon'tandhelpseveryonecuzshe typessofast.....

Naw....maybe just calling her Super Bethers is easier.....
              Affordable Medical Insurance
              Discount Dental Plan
              Washington State Health Insurance
              Temporary Health Insurance
              Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

LOLOL and thank you my friends. I am a speedy typist or you wouldn't get so much out of me :)
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

On my screen at the top your gold text is blurred up under the black text of your title so I cant read what it says at all.

I keep Beth on her toes, we have typing contests to see who can respond and hit save fastest :)

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I think if we had a contest typiong with just your left hand and only two fingers on your right hand that I would stand a chance at winning......

HEEEYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a first lieutenant now! Like my new bar?
                    Affordable Medical Insurance
                    Discount Dental Plan
                    Washington State Health Insurance
                    Temporary Health Insurance
                    Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

The bar is very cool motoxxx... and I totally agree... Super Bethers it is!
                      Naturally Yours,
                      Dori
                      www.earthelixirs.com
                      www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

Hi Buddysmom,

Love your website its simple and elegant and the flowers are just beautiful, only one thing I can see that need a little adjusting is on the home page on your banner the words..."Enrich your life with flowers" is overlapping the faded text maybe move it up a little?...

Gorgeous website ...well done
                        Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Thank you all for your great feedback.

I have started to make some of the suggestions made by Bethers. I still have to learn more about alt text, but that is a different chapter.

Will move the black text higher on the index page..it does show up fine on my browser...

Keep the critiques coming, I need them!

-Buddysmom

Comment

I found this article on alt text..now I understand!

http://www.webcredible.co.uk/user-fr...alt-text.shtml

Comment

The conclusion on the link is the important part. People try to use the alt attribute incorrectly - but it should be a short description of what is being shown (it is used by all browsers that don't show images - and is read to the blind) AND the se's can read it - thereby knowing what the image is.
                              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                              X