Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL user

Hi all!
    I have a small problem. I want to share my vodahost server with my brother, just for host his small website about himself. I have done the ftp access without problems and i have created a account in the mysql database. So now he has a ftp account and a database for him, but i want to now how to make him an account for PhpMyAdmin, because manage a database without this tool is very complicated. So, if this is possible, can anybody help my to do it? Thanks very much.

Re: MySQL user

You cannot. Access to phpMyAdmin is only allowed to the user that has admin rights. So the only way to do it would be to let him have your account loggin details.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Oh ****! But anyway thanks for your answer. Other thing, can anybody explain me whatīs the meaning of the option in my Cpanel -> MySQL -> Access Hosts:localhost

Host (% wildcard is allowed):

For what is this? Thanks

Comment

To connect to your MySQL server with php you need to provide, through your script, the necessary DB details, and one of these details is the host. In our case it is "localhost".

Please note that phpMyAdmin is a server side MySQL administrator. It allows to do almost ANYTHING with a database.

However, phpMyAdmin is NOT suitable for daily routine operations regarding a database (like viewing, deleting, editing, printing, searching etc). So you will need (or your brother will) a script for these operations, and under this view, he doesn't need access to the database through phpMyAdmin. Accees there is only required for emergencies and for backup.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok, i understand u, but first one:
          1. To connect to your MySQL server with php you need to provide, through your script, the necessary DB details, and of these details is the host. In our case it is "localhost".
          I know that in my details for connect i need to write "localhost,user,password" but i donīt know why appear in the cpanel the option to write other things in this field.
          2 However, phpMyAdmin is NOT suitable for daily routine operations regarding a database (like viewing, deleting, editing, printing, searching etc)
          We use the database for insert comments to photos, or for some information of position of these photographs, or for Guestbooks, and u know, all the things that have a normal personal web. So we use phpMyAdmin for create the different database and then the website is who send the information to the database. But i thing that phpMyAdmin is neccesary for that, for create the database tables, fields and all this things. Anyway, i will thank u that u send my some information about what script u recomend me.
          Other way that i have thought is that my bro install phpmyadmin in his space and then use it. Regards from spain to italy :)

Comment

You only need to create the database and create / add users. The rest usually done by the scripts. In some cases, the script will also create the database itself as i.e. OSCommerce, Soholaunch, Coppermine and a lot of other scripts installable through Fantastico.

I'm not sure if the desktop version of phpMyAdmin can remotely connect.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
            X