No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello
    I'm older than dirt, greener than grass. I have a website on my desktop that I need to upload to my new site here. I've read till I have confused myself. Where do I start . Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    www.ebookpanorama.com

Re: newbie

Are you saying you purchased a VH account? And you built your website where and using what program? If you built it with BV, and you already have your account, you simply click on each page to publish.

If you build in another program, you have to up the website to VH.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Yes I downloaded from some one else, but they don't host . So I bought a VH now I just need to upload to my VH host account. Too much reading at one time. Ive never tried to do this so just a little confused.

Comment

Senior.....

Since you are trying to "publish" this website (which you aquired elsewhere) to your newly establihed hosting account here at VodaHost, you will need to provide a few details for us to assist you specifically:

1. What means did you use to "download" you website to your computer?

2. Do you know what format this website is "built" in? (i.e. Dreamweaver, FrontPage, Flash, etc.)

3. Can you determine the size of the Folder that this website is contained? (This may predicate which utility you will need to use to transfer it)

4. Do you still have the confirmation email sent from VodaHost? (This has all the information you will need to properly populate your account)

5. Do you have the necessary tools to edit/update your website once it is successfully published?

When you can answer the above questions, we will have a better idea of which process to guide you through to properly establish your website!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

:) Vasili - at least we narrowed it down to a site created elsewhere.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi thanks for answering. I just want to get this right.

1. What means did you use to "download" you website to your computer?

I downloaded by link that was sent to me by email.

2. Do you know what format this website is "built" in? (i.e. Dreamweaver, FrontPage, Flash, etc.)

He uses FrontPage

3. Can you determine the size of the Folder that this website is contained? (This may predicate which utility you will need to use to transfer it)

I looked at the properties and it said 604 files 6 Folders

4. Do you still have the confirmation email sent from VodaHost? (This has all the information you will need to properly populate your account)

yes

5. Do you have the necessary tools to edit/update your website once it is successfully published?

Do you mean such as Trellian and/or K-Free Find Files N Replace?

Thankyou again

Comment

Working...
            X