PDA

View Full Version : Path to Manage Wordpress Blog

ripperdav
01-14-2007, 12:28 AM
Hi, could somebody help me with this. For the life of me I can't seem to remember or find the information that I need to type into my browser for managing and setting up my blog. Anybody please!!??

Thanx for the help. Davin

circuspet.com
01-14-2007, 03:34 AM
I manage my blog from the administration on the blog.

ripperdav
01-14-2007, 08:15 PM
Hi yes, and thanx for the reply but my question is, how do I get to the administration of the blog??

Thanx a lot. Davin

scubadiver
01-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Aloha ripperdav, you reach your admin through the info that is emailed to you from BV. I had the same problem. I didn't find my info for the first one I downloaded so I deleted it and downloaded another one, and the info was set within a day or two. Let me know how you are able to get a new template entered in your workpress. This is the problem I am having.

VodaHost
01-15-2007, 07:38 AM
When you first install word pess, it provides you full admin access instructions during the installation process. If you where not paying attention. You must delete it and re-install.

ripperdav
01-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Well I did manage to access my admin panel now. I have also managed to transfer my XML file over to my blog over here now, from wordpress where it was hosted before, so I didn't lose any entries etc. As for the themes, I've tried countless themes in Blueftp to transfer, it doesn't seem to matter which theme, where I get them from etc. The files just will not transfer as per instructions. Don't know why? I am following the instructions to the letter.

Thanx Davin

VodaHost
01-18-2007, 11:45 PM
try doing it with www.smartftp.com

racefan20
01-19-2007, 03:03 AM
Also, make sure they are unzipped before uploading.